Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Help! PowerDirector 15 keeps crashing during produce SVRT.
colonelmustard93
Newbie Location: United Kingdom Joined: Jul 23, 2016 08:11 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Cyberlink team,

My PC keeps crashing on PowerDirector15 every time I try and produce a video I’ve been editing on.

The PowerDirector15 version I am using is: 15.0.2026.0 Here are my PC specs:

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/dCV38K

I made sure that everything on Device Manager was all up to date. Windows 10 is also up to date as well.

I don’t know how to produce a crash log because when the PC crashes I cannot move my mouse cursor what so ever and I have to end up hard resetting the PC. I made sure that everything is up to date with Cyberlink Application Manager. Also, I’m on a contract with Cyberlink of Director suite.

I have spoken to Microsoft and they did a remote access on my PC and they confirmed to me that it has nothing to do with Windows 10. Microsoft spent a few hours doing health scans on comm and promt. Rested and re-installed Windows 10. Also, I have re-installed Cyberlink a few times as well.

I hope I have included everything on this report but if I have missed any information, please let me know.

Many thanks.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello Cyberlink team,
My PC keeps crashing on PowerDirector15 every time I try and produce a video I’ve been editing on.
I made sure that everything on Device Manager was all up to date. Windows 10 is also up to date as well.
I don’t know how to produce a crash log because when the PC crashes I cannot move my mouse cursor what so ever and I have to end up hard resetting the PC. I made sure that everything is up to date with Cyberlink Application Manager. Also, I’m on a contract with Cyberlink of Director suite.
I have spoken to Microsoft and they did a remote access on my PC and they confirmed to me that it has nothing to do with Windows 10. Microsoft spent a few hours doing health scans on comm and promt. Rested and re-installed Windows 10. Also, I have re-installed Cyberlink a few times as well.
I hope I have included everything on this report but if I have missed any information, please let me know.
Many thanks.

Hi,
We're just video editors, like you.
Please attach all data to a post, rather than ask members to download from an unknown source - we all should be wary of viruses etc.
I read your previous post and saw you were having computer problems. Have a read through the following page: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/49533.page and provide the info requested.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 24. 2016 12:34

colonelmustard93
[Post New]
Quote Hello Cyberlink team,
Many thanks.

Hi,
We're just video editors, like you.
Please attach all data to a post, rather than ask members to download from an unknown source - we all should be wary of viruses etc.
I read your previous post and saw you were having computer problems. Have a read through the following page: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/49533.page and provide the info requested.

Dafydd

Hello Dafydd,

Thank you for the reply. I have followed the step by step of guide information to assist members:

PART A: PowerDirector Version: 15.0.2026.0

PART B: Diagnostic File (Please check attachment)

PART C: I have re-installed PowerDirector15 a few times

PART D:Training to explain a problem in PDR:

> I click and open the saved file for PDR. It loads up fine

> I click on 'Produce' which is also fine

> I click on 'intelligent SVRT' which take up to 2 minutes to run.

>After the 'intelligent SVRT' I click on 'Start' which starts up the render

>Around 20% my PC completely crashes and I can not move my mouse cursor any where so I have no choice to do a hard reset on the PC

PART E: Unfortunately I can not do a screen capture becasue everthing has froze/crashed

PART F: Same situation on PART E

PART G: I have checked out the latest build for PDR and no difference

PART H: DVD and Bluray etc is not an issue

PART J: Wasn't too sure on this step. I downloaded MediaInfo but got stuck.

PART R: I have purchased Director Suite which is £79 per year

I hope this all helps. Let me know if there's any more information you need.

Many thanks.
 Filename
NicholasDxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
88 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
529 time(s)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi,

Thank you for the diagnostic and version details. There is an SVRT issue/bug but it would not cause crashing as far as I'm aware.

Can you produce without SVRT?

A screenshot of your Edit workspace BEFORE it crashes and before you go to Produce is what is needed please.

The MediaInfo might have helped here - follow the guide please..

After examining your diagnostic (please check it yourself) data, scrolling down right to the end of the text file there are crash reports and PowerDirector doesn't show up. There are a number of crash reports for "CorsairLink4.Service.exe" which you need to investigate and sort out. I note your computer was specially built for you, RE: System Manufacturer: To Be Filled By O.E.M. System Model: To Be Filled By O.E.M.

I couldn't see anything from your diagnostic, other than what I have mentioned. I suggest you ask the techs who built your computer to assist you in resolving the "CorsairLink4.Service.exe" and other issues, maybe that will stop your crashes.

CyberLink support maybe able to assist you. To me the issue looks to be with a third party software. You need someone with "hands on" and who can test your compter and manually assist you. The computer is certainly a powerful unit.

Dafydd
colonelmustard93
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

Thank you for the diagnostic and version details. There is an SVRT issue/bug but it would not cause crashing as far as I'm aware.

Can you produce without SVRT?

A screenshot of your Edit workspace BEFORE it crashes and before you go to Produce is what is needed please.

The MediaInfo might have helped here - follow the guide please..

After examining your diagnostic (please check it yourself) data, scrolling down right to the end of the text file there are crash reports and PowerDirector doesn't show up. There are a number of crash reports for "CorsairLink4.Service.exe" which you need to investigate and sort out. I note your computer was specially built for you, RE: System Manufacturer: To Be Filled By O.E.M. System Model: To Be Filled By O.E.M.

I couldn't see anything from your diagnostic, other than what I have mentioned. I suggest you ask the techs who built your computer to assist you in resolving the "CorsairLink4.Service.exe" and other issues, maybe that will stop your crashes.

CyberLink support maybe able to assist you. To me the issue looks to be with a third party software. You need someone with "hands on" and who can test your compter and manually assist you. The computer is certainly a powerful unit.

Dafydd

Thanks again for checking out the info. I have included 2 screenshots of the edit workspace and the produce page. PowerDirector15 still crashes without SVRT.

In terms of the CorsairLink4.Service.exe issue, do you know if that is a technical issue or is it the power supply itself?

Many thanks.
[Thumb - edit workspace.PNG]
 Filename
edit workspace.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
2769 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
129 time(s)
[Thumb - produce1.PNG]
 Filename
produce1.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
333 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
137 time(s)
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 08. 2016 04:12

colonelmustard93
[Post New]
Quote I just had a look through the dxdiag and I wonder, is it a dual boot system? Windows installed to F: just looks odd when all 3 of your ssd's are 1TB. I agree with Dafydd about the reason "CorsairLink4.Service.exe" crashes needing to be resolved especially as it could relate to a key component of your PC. Have you by any chance recently installed "Google Chrome"?

Windows 10 used to be installed on the C Drive but I had to re-install Windows 10 because I thought it was a Windows issue. When I re-installed Windows 10 it randomly chose the F drive. I have recently installed Google Chrome after re-installing Windows 10. However, the PC still kept crashing before Google Chrome was installed.
Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 08. 2016 04:12

colonelmustard93
[Post New]
Quote Ah.. I see. I don't know if there's anything in any of the Cyberlink apps/helpers/dll's that is hard coded to look for stuff in C: (to be honest I don't for 1 second think there will be but just a thought).

From what I can see, the application "cnext.exe" that is crashing looks to be part of the drivers for your radeon GPU although "libGLESv2.dll" that is involved has also been reported as causing problems after installation of Google Chrome.

What Corsair product/s have you got installed? If it's RAM have your tried re-seating it?

The Corsair software I have installed is Corsair Link. And the actual Power Supply I have inside the PC is a Corsair AX1500i 1500W. Here are the specs for hte power supply:

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/cn3RsY/corsair-power-supply-cp9020057na
Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 08. 2016 04:13

colonelmustard93
[Post New]
Quote I know there have been issues with AMD GPU's and SVRT in the past but others here know a lot more about that than I do. Have you seen this page especially where it talks about the need to install additional stuff from AMD - I don't know if that's relevant or not. I don't think I can help any further really.

No worries. I appreciate very much for the help from you guys. At the moment I'm off to work now but I will have a look at the link you posted later today and I will come back to you of updates on the progress.

Thanks again.
colonelmustard93
[Post New]
Quote I know there have been issues with AMD GPU's and SVRT in the past but others here know a lot more about that than I do. Have you seen this page especially where it talks about the need to install additional stuff from AMD - I don't know if that's relevant or not. I don't think I can help any further really.

I have followed the link you posted. I activated a few otions on PowerDirector15 options and unfortunately it still crashed. Got further to 43%.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 25. 2016 15:19

Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 08. 2016 04:13

colonelmustard93
[Post New]
Quote Got further to 43%.

The question then is what's on your various timelines at that position.

p.s. oh and can you uncheck SVRT and then proceed to completion?

On the timeline its 2 hours and 14 minutes of footage. For unchecking the SVRT, could you remind me where abouts that this again?

Many thanks.
Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 08. 2016 04:13

colonelmustard93
[Post New]
Quote For unchecking the SVRT, could you remind me where abouts that this again?

I don't have PDR15 but I don't imagine they've moved it. In the produce section just untick "Fast renderning technology"

p.s. Have a look at all your timelines at just past the 57 minute position. Have you got something complex going on there?

I have just checked and I do have hte option to uncheck fast rendering option. I don't think I do have anything complex going on. Sorry to keep asking but what is complex and how do I identify it? I'm very new to video editing as you can tell haha.
colonelmustard93
[Post New]
Ok so I have raised the issue with Corsair with the technical team. The current wait is 2 days. I'll give you guys and update and fingers crossed this may solve the crashing issue.

Once again, many thanks Dafydd and Longedge for the help. Is it ok if we can keep this thread open until I have news back from Corsair?
Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 08. 2016 04:38

colonelmustard93
[Post New]
Quote Is it ok if we can keep this thread open until I have news back from Corsair?

Threads don't normally get locked unless they go way O.T. or some other special reason. I sometimes think that there ought to be automatic locking a set time after the last relevant post though smile.

No worries. I'll let you guys know asap if I hear from Corsair. laughing
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Ok so I have raised the issue with Corsair with the technical team. The current wait is 2 days. I'll give you guys and update and fingers crossed this may solve the crashing issue.
Once again, many thanks Dafydd and Longedge for the help. Is it ok if we can keep this thread open until I have news back from Corsair?

Hi,

I haven't been adding much to the thread recently but I have been monitoring/reading all the additions. "Longedge" has been giving you some great support, no more than I could give and I like reading what Longedge writes.

No worries about the thread, we're all interested in knowing how you get on.

Dafydd