Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 15 - MP4 source to MP4 output - poor rendering quality
Scott - 1921 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Utah Joined: Oct 20, 2016 20:19 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I’ve been trying to simply load an MP4 (1920x1080 @ 60 FPS) file and add eventually add an audio track to the video. Bust first I’m testing the conversion quality back to its original format.

All options (I’ve spend 35+ hours) in all permutations; H.264 AVC, AVI, MPEG-2, Window Media, etc . . available file output formats (and their sometimes available custom options) result in very poor output and is never as good as the native source MP4 file.

The output results are described from various forums as “artifacts”, “jitters”, “shimmering” and so on.

I’m simply looking to get the same quality as the source. Is there a simple setting I’m missing? I’m aware of garbage in and garbage out. But so far all results for the output files have been garbage out.

(Sorry about the wrong forum name - couldn't seem the option to change it)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 20. 2016 21:28

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I’ve been trying to simply load an MP4 (1920x1080 @ 60 FPS) file and add eventually add an audio track to the video. Bust first I’m testing the conversion quality back to its original format.

All options (I’ve spend 35+ hours) in all permutations; H.264 AVC, AVI, MPEG-2, Window Media, etc . . available file output formats (and their sometimes available custom options) result in very poor output and is never as good as the native source MP4 file.

The output results are described from various forums as “artifacts”, “jitters”, “shimmering” and so on.

I’m simply looking to get the same quality as the source. Is there a simple setting I’m missing? I’m aware of garbage in and garbage out. But so far all results for the output files have been garbage out.

(Sorry about the wrong forum name - couldn't seem the option to change it)

If you look up the guides, Part J (MediaInfo) you'll have the media properties needed to create a custom profile.

Uncheck Hardware Acceleration x2 and the artifacts in mp4 maybe corrected, as it was in previous PowerDirector's.

Please check out: <a>http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/49533.page</a>

Knowing exactly what the input video is and what you're selecting as output, would help a great deal.

Dafydd