Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
NVDIA GPU Bug For Blu-ray Creation
Andrew - Wales, UK
Contributor Location: Wales, UK Joined: Jan 27, 2009 19:16 Messages: 545 Offline
[Post New]
Hi everyone,

Please find below details of a bug I sent to Cyberlink. This has been mentioned by several users when creating a blu-ray disc.

1. The source material is 1920x1080 50p 28mbps m2ts Sony files.

2. After editing, go to the 'Create Disc' 2D disc section. Select blu-ray -> h.264 -> 1920x1080 (24mbps) 50i -> Dolby Digital 5.1.

3. Select 'Burn in 2D' and ensure 'Enable Hardware Video Encoder' is ticked.

4. Click 'start burning'.

5. The resulting disc will play fine on a PC. However, on a BD player there will be sound but no picture.The only way to make this work is to deselct 'Enable Hardware Video Encoder'.

Here's their response:

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support. I understand your concern, that there is no picture while playing the burned file in PowerDirector 15.

Regarding your concern, I would like to inform you that we are able to reproduce the issue in our lab and the engineer is assigned to check the issue.I suggest you to use software encoding for Blu-ray disc creating as the workaround solution.

Cyberlink are keen to hear from anyone else who has encountered this issue. If this affects you, please give details of the type of footage you are using and the required output and attach a dxdiag file. Mine is attached below.

Cheers,

Andrew
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
81 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
291 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 19. 2016 05:47

Alienware Aurora ALX R4 - Intel i7-4820 4.2 GHz - 32GB DDR3 RAM - Crucial 512GB SSD - 1TB Seagate HDD - 3TB WD Green HDD - 4TB WD Green HDD - MSI NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB

Sony HDR-PJ810 and HDR-PJ530
Hose A [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 09, 2016 12:14 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Where is the "enable hardware video encoder" I dont see it on my menus?

Thank you

Quote Hi everyone,

Please find below details of a bug I sent to Cyberlink. This has been mentioned by several users when creating a blu-ray disc.

1. The source material is 1920x1080 50p 28mbps m2ts Sony files.

2. After editing, go to the 'Create Disc' 2D disc section. Select blu-ray -> h.264 -> 1920x1080 (24mbps) 50i -> Dolby Digital 5.1.

3. Select 'Burn in 2D' and ensure 'Enable Hardware Video Encoder' is ticked.

4. Click 'start burning'.

5. The resulting disc will play fine on a PC. However, on a BD player there will be sound but no picture.The only way to make this work is to deselct 'Enable Hardware Video Encoder'.

Here's their response:

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support. I understand your concern, that there is no picture while playing the burned file in PowerDirector 15.

Regarding your concern, I would like to inform you that we are able to reproduce the issue in our lab and the engineer is assigned to check the issue.I suggest you to use software encoding for Blu-ray disc creating as the workaround solution.

Cyberlink are keen to hear from anyone else who has encountered this issue. If this affects you, please give details of the type of footage you are using and the required output and attach a dxdiag file. Mine is attached below.

Cheers,

Andrew
Andrew - Wales, UK
Contributor Location: Wales, UK Joined: Jan 27, 2009 19:16 Messages: 545 Offline
[Post New]
I've just installed the latest patch and unfortunately, even though CL have been able to reproduce the bug, it has not been fixed.

Cheers,

Andrew

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 24. 2016 09:31

Alienware Aurora ALX R4 - Intel i7-4820 4.2 GHz - 32GB DDR3 RAM - Crucial 512GB SSD - 1TB Seagate HDD - 3TB WD Green HDD - 4TB WD Green HDD - MSI NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB

Sony HDR-PJ810 and HDR-PJ530
[Post New]
Quote I've just installed the latest patch and unfortunately, even though CL have been able to reproduce the bug, it has not been fixed.

Cheers,

Andrew

that is unfortunate... Arguably the most popular graphics card at the time and cyberlink doesn't bother to optimize their software. 4790K / Asus Z97i-Plus / 16gb (2-8gb)crucial @1866 Mhz / Samsung ssd 840 pro 250gb / Samsung 850 evo 250gb M.2 / 2-4tb HGST 7200rpm raid 1 / Nvidia GTX 1070 founders) / corsair RM650 PS / LG BD-RE