Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Importing audio for PowerDirector 14
[Post New]
Now that most music is purchased, stored & played from "the cloud" and cannot be downloaded to a computer, how do you obtain unique music for shows if you do not have the songs on CD? ET
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Maybe the following will help. There are other providers of music.
https://www.youtube.com/user/AudioLibraryEN remember to add to the end Titles in your video giving full accreditation for the music and also read the Creative Commons License.
Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 06. 2016 03:53

[Post New]
Thanks. I'll check it out. I hope the library has the songs I need. ET
[Post New]
Everything comes up with a video attached - all I need is are the songs...am I missing something? ET
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Dafydd B supplied a good link to use music from the YT library. Check out this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtqwfygHPHo&list=PL93uzrz9f1_QURVGp3qFCysdkj3Qq9Heo . On the top left of the video screen there is a white rectangular box that reads Free Download. Click inside this box and a dialog box appears in your IE browser to download it in the mp3 format. Select save to download it. It is that easy. There is no video attached on mp3 files. What you may be seeing is the animation or visualation in some versions of wmp.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
A picture might help

yt audio
[Thumb - SD-2016-09-034.png]
 Filename
SD-2016-09-034.png
[Disk]
 Description
Download
 Filesize
120 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
226 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 07. 2016 03:55

Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, E3T, Tomasc and, yes, Dafydd B.

I have, in the past month launched a YouTube channel, intending originally to do Ghost Hunting videos with a couple of friends, but until I get that going, I've uploaded videos under a "Trams & Trains" heading.

Up to this point I've avoided adding music to any of the videos I've uploaded, but I have seen Kevin MacLeod's name credited on some that I've viewed from Chris Halton's "Haunted Earth" videos. At a future point I might start using these works provided they don't swallow up too many megabytes in the download. Monetarily they're free but since starting the YouTube channel I've become painfully aware of the limits of my internet service provider's limits on the amount of data I receive with each top-up. Yes, I'm on a pre-paid arrangement and my unused data rolls over to each new top-up but I have to keep an eagle-eye on the amount of data I use lately. A few kilobytes won't kill me but those megabytes do add up.... and up..... and up..... and before I know it, I've got hardly any data left!

Cheers!

Neil.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Neil,
Welcome back.
After reading your post I thought I'd just add a little bit more info. I have used/known of Kevin MacLeod's music for many years (a long time before YT hosted his work). I was always pleased with the choices available. I've downloaded a lot. Yep Neil, bandwidth useage has to be considered, choose a good ISP package.

Back to music for videos. Editors should look up Creative Commons licensing .
CC-licensed music isn't free for all uses, only some — so make sure to check out the terms (you can find these by clicking on each song's license icon)

Search for Creative Commons License Free Music.

I hope the extra info helps everyone.
Dafydd

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Oct 10. 2016 13:41

Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello, Dafydd!

It is good to be back on the forum, I have missed my participation.

I've avoided using music on my videos for upload(since I launched my YT channel at the beginning of September) because I remembered all the to-ing and fro-ing of comments on a thread posted early this year or late last year about YouTube "flagging" people who had music in their YT uploads, even when that music got in by accident(camera microphone picks up radio or stereo from nearby house or passing car). I decided that if I were to upload to YouTube, I would not use music, it would only be used if I were burning to disc. For the moment, that's they way it will remain until I can investigate this possibility a little further. Naturally, I will credit Kevin MacLeod on my videos if and when I decide to use the material he creates, composer, title and source, and if you've viewed my Steamfest 2016 video from the link I've provided in my return thread "Dipping Toes In The Water", you'll note I acknowledge Cyberlink Power Director 14 Ultra as the software I use for editing and production of my work(I also acknowledge Sony Sound Forge for recording narration for these videos whenever I apply narration).

P.S. It isn't bandwidth I'm concerned about so much as file size. The greater the size of file, the quicker my data reserve gets swallowed up.

Cheers!

Neil.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 11. 2016 05:46

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Check out Bandwidth Usage

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Oct 11. 2016 06:01

Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd!

What I'll do is occasionally click on usage when I check my emails, I'm with Virgin Broadband, there's two tabs above where I type in my email address, one to check emails, the other to check usage, I'll just have to monitor the second option a bit more closely, that's all.

Cheers!

Neil
LostTarget [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 09, 2008 11:38 Messages: 40 Offline
[Post New]
RE: YouTube "flagging"

I find even with purchased audio it will be flagged.

Not a big deal if your legal. In one period every time I posted I was flagged. Some odd company trying to milk the system. I challenged each one and shortly after I was free to use. After that period of flagging, not a peep.

Free or Purchased just make sure your ducks are lined up (have a copy of permissions or sale receipt) and your good to go when it comes time to fight the flagging.