Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Edit 360 video anyone
Tomas G77
Member Location: Ayrshire Joined: Jun 13, 2008 08:54 Messages: 100 Offline
[Post New]
are there many into this 360 video editing yes/no

my own opinion is that PD could have offered better features than this yes/no

for anyone whom takes video editing serious is 360 video relay what they want ?

but I may be wrong.

not much of an upgrade for the monies,

and it leaves PD 14 with a few bugs still to fix

what do others think,

Some say PD15 is more stabile will Cyberlink still bring out a patch for PD14 ?

Tom G Thomas G
I'm a 33yr old trapped in a 69yr old body
Russell1967
Senior Member Location: Kissimmee, Fl USA Joined: Aug 10, 2013 23:35 Messages: 165 Offline
[Post New]
Well, I had never even heard of 360 video until I saw that two other consumer-level NLEs were boasting that they had that capability. Except for virtual reality or video games scenarios, I can't really think of a reason for 360 video.

I was REALLY hoping that the "Mask Designer" would be a powerful new masking tool that would allow you to essentially draw your mask directly on the screen. But, from what I've heard, they basically just took the masking capability already in the PiP Designer and made it a separate thing. I hope this is not true, because that would be really LAME!

In the Ultimate package, I'm not sure if those extra FX plugins are ones we've already seen or not. Maybe including something like Boris Graffiti or another cool plugin would have been better. (Boris Graffiti is fantastic!)

Anyway, Cyberlink is pretty good about patches, so I would think that there should be patches for PD14, at least for a while. What sorts of bugs are you finding with PD14?

Russell1967 System specs: Windows 7 Professional x64; Gigabyte Z77-DS3H motherboard with i5-3579K 3.8Ghz processor with 32GB RAM; Zotac GTX 760 w/4GB; 1xWestern Digital 1TB 10,000RPM HD; 1x Samsung 840 Pro SSD System Drive
GGRussell [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Jan 08, 2012 11:38 Messages: 709 Offline
[Post New]
The only place I've seen 360 is on real estate sites but that isn't video. It's more like still images to view around the room or house. Intel i7 4770k, 16GB, GTX1060 3GB, Two 240GB SSD, 4TB HD, Sony HDR-TD20V 3D camcorder, Sony SLT-A65VK for still images, Windows 10 Pro, 64bit
Gary Russell -- TN USA
Russell1967
Senior Member Location: Kissimmee, Fl USA Joined: Aug 10, 2013 23:35 Messages: 165 Offline
[Post New]
Yeah, I've seen those, too. I mean, it's kind of cool, but I don't see what the big deal is for most videos. The cameras that do 360 are pretty impressive, though (most of them anyway). Some use two cameras, each with a 180 degree field of view; Some use four cameras, each with a 90 degree field of view (The "stitching together" of the separate videos is done in post-production somewhat automatically). But the ones I find interesting are the ones that use ONE camera, POINTED UP, that has an extreme fish eye lens that sees everything around the perimeter. The one-lens system has the advantage of not having any visible boundaries in the video (and no "stitching together" required), but the disadvantage of having a lower over-all resolution in a given field of view for obvious reasons (only one camera instead of multiple), and more warping. The one-lens cameras tend to be less expensive as well.

Anyway, personally, I'd have no use for it.

Russell1967

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 15. 2016 12:16

System specs: Windows 7 Professional x64; Gigabyte Z77-DS3H motherboard with i5-3579K 3.8Ghz processor with 32GB RAM; Zotac GTX 760 w/4GB; 1xWestern Digital 1TB 10,000RPM HD; 1x Samsung 840 Pro SSD System Drive
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
There are 360 videos on YouTube. You need to view them with the chrome browser. I remember one where this guy rides a motorcycle on a country road. You can pan from forward to the left, back, right, and back to the front smoothly while the motorcycle is moving.

This is a real treat for those who haven't viewed one yet. sealed
Russell1967
[Post New]
Yeah, they're cool and all, but, I don't know. I just don't see the general appeal or need for them. Maybe if virtual reality were more of a thing (It's getting there, but still has a ways to go and a number of technical problems to solve to make appealing to everyone, not to mention affordable).

Personally, I would have liked Cyberlink to concentrate on making the features they already have in PD14 more powerful and flexible, like in the case of mask-creation. Masks can be used to do all kinds of useful (and cool!) things.

A REALLY big thing that Cl could do that would REALLY open up PD to the world would be to make their editor OpenFX compatible. There are HUNDREDS of OFX plugins out there, such as Titler Pro 4 and many of the Boris plugins, etc. This would be a win for everyone: plugin developers (Because they would not have to tailor their plugins for specific NLEs), Cyberlink (Because it would make their editor more useful and thus more desirable to the consumer) and of course end-users (Because we then have a much larger selection of plugins to choose from).

Russell1967 System specs: Windows 7 Professional x64; Gigabyte Z77-DS3H motherboard with i5-3579K 3.8Ghz processor with 32GB RAM; Zotac GTX 760 w/4GB; 1xWestern Digital 1TB 10,000RPM HD; 1x Samsung 840 Pro SSD System Drive
Richmond Dan
Senior Contributor Location: Richmond, VA Joined: Aug 07, 2014 17:17 Messages: 673 Offline
[Post New]
Russell1967,

"In the Ultimate package, I'm not sure if those extra FX plugins are ones we've already seen or not."

If you go to PD sales page on the CL site, then select compare versions, you'll see which fx are included with each version. The new ones are labelled (quite cleverly, I thought) "New". (I assume new means new from PD14, since other earlier versions had various plug-in packages.) Regards,
Dan
Power Director 21-Ultimate
v 21.0.3111.0
XPS-8940, Win-10 64-bit,
Intel Core i9-10900 processor
(10 core, 20M Cache),
32GB DDR4 RAM, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVME SSD, 2TB 7200 RPM SATA HDD,
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
Russell1967
[Post New]
Did some digging:

PD 11 Ultimate came with:
- NewBlueFX "Paint Effects"
- NewBlueFX "Motion Effects"
- Travel Pack 2
- Holiday Magic Style
- Romance Pack 3

PD 12 Ultimate came with:
- NewBlueFX "Video Essentials II"
- NewBlueFX "Video Essentials III"
- And three Creative Design Packs for Vacation, Romance and Holiday (Not sure if these are the same ones as above)

PD 13 Ultimate came with:
- NewBlueFX "Video Essentials I"
- NewBlueFX "Video Essentials V"
- NewBlueFX Titler Pro 1.0
- Cyberlink Creative Design Pack "Wedding Pack"
- Cyberlink Creative Design pack "Holiday Pack 5"

And of course PD 14 Ultimate came with:
- Content Pack Essential
- Content Pack Premium
- NewBlue Video Essentials 1
- NewBlue Video Essentials 7
- NewBlue Titler Pro v1
- CyberLink Wedding Pack
- CyberLink Holiday Pack 6
- proDAD Adorage 1
- proDAD Adorage 13 Lite
- proDAD VitaScene LE

And PD 15 Ultimate comes with:
- Content Pack Essential
- Content Pack Premium
- Content Pack Premium 2
- Cyberlink Wedding Pack
- Cyberlink Holiday Pack 7
- NewBlue Video Essentials 1
- NewBlue Video Essentials 6
- NewBlue Video Essentials 7
- NewBlue Titler Pro v1.5
- proDAD Adorage 2
- proDAD Adorage 13 Lite
- proDAD VitaScene 2 LE

So it looks like some have been seen before, but some have not. What would really be cool is if Cyberlink would let us choose which NewBlueFX packages we want (Say "Choose any 3 effects packages" or something like that), because some of us that have been around for several versions may already have at least some of the ones included.