Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Powerdirector 9 and Mobius action camera output
Ozzy23 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 04, 2011 14:18 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Hello first I must say I have used my Powerdirector 9 for quite a while but in a simplistic way. I recently purchased a Mobius action camera which the settings tell me it is setup for PAL but when I try to inport the video it informs me it is NTSC format and the quality is lost.

How can I prove the format from the Mobius is the problem even thou it says it shouldnt? I have attached a small output from the mobius if it helps....

Sorry if this question has been raised several times over and the answer is somewhere in the depts of the forum.

Thanks to anbody who tries to help me.

Kevin
 Filename
REC_0001.MP4
[Disk]
 Description
Mobius example file
 Filesize
25960 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
92 time(s)
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Nov 09. 2016 03:16

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The Mobius action camera output file format is ntsc 30 and 60 fps on sd cards. See page 14 in your manual. The PAL setup is only for webcam output in composite video only. That is explained in page 4 of your manual. Here is the link: http://www.mytempfiles.info/mobius/MobiusManual.pdf .

If you want an action camera for the European market in PAL frame rates then you need to buy a different camera. Ntsc frame rates can be fine in former PAL territories.

20 years ago I would prefer a PAL format camera in PAL territories. Today it doesn't matter if you stay away from ancient ballast fluorescent lighting, ancient TV's, and old equipment.
Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 09. 2016 02:45

Ozzy23 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for your replies

just to clarify - can any version of powerdirector cope with an ntsc input? If yes what version?

can my Mobius camera produce PAL output? I think you are saying not , sorry I don't understand your explain action of the PAL settings option.

do I need to produce PAL output if powerdirector can cope with NTSC ? I guess this is the vital question if upgrading powerdirector allows me to cope with the ntsc output from my Mobius

sorry if I am not as technical as you guys but I do appreciate your help

i just want to use the action camera and then be able to edit the output in powerdirector to trim the video

simple hey Regards Kevin
Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 09. 2016 02:44

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
just to clarify - can any version of powerdirector cope with an ntsc input? If yes what version?

can my Mobius camera produce PAL output? I think you are saying not , sorry I don't understand your explain action of the PAL settings option.

i just want to use the action camera and then be able to edit the output in powerdirector to trim the video

Your PD9 should work.

In addition to what Longedge stated you can also go to Preferences/General/ Set the Frame rate to 30 and drop frame. Your output produce selection then would then change to the ntsc selections instead of the PAL ones. These are two ways to accomplish the same goals. Do whichever is the most comfortable to you.

Produce in the ntsc selections for best quality.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 14. 2016 09:44

Ozzy23 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks guys that worked great. Few. A solution without spending money that's a change

regards. Kevin