Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can't open PowerDirect 10 .pds file
DevilDogg [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 08, 2016 17:04 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I create a .pds file on my laptop using Power Direct 10 trial version. I realized the produce function was not available in the trial version. So I bought and installed the latest version Power Direct 14 and installed on a different machine. I copied the .pds file to the other macine, when I open the Power Direct 10 trial .pds file with the Power Direct 14, it's blank. Why is this?
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 09. 2016 03:24

DevilDogg [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 08, 2016 17:04 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
What do I need to copy over for it to work?
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: What do I need to copy over for it to work?
Pack Project Materials will put everything in a single folder. You can then copy that folder to another computer and/or open the project in PD 14 paid version.

What you need are the images and video files that you used in the original project. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: What do I need to copy over for it to work?

DevilDogg,

To followed up on Carl's suggestion, detailed instuctions/steps are shown here in this video tutorial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2CYLYIynB0

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 08. 2016 19:52

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips