Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Since updating to Windows 10, Intel Quick Sync Video option creates error in producing MP4
DocDaddy [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 06, 2012 13:59 Messages: 58 Offline
[Post New]
Been chasing an error for a few days. Updated to Windows 10 from Windows 7. PD14 is updated to latest version.

When trying to create a 1920x1080 MP4 from a video project, I get the error message that says something about make sure you graphics driver is updated and Quicktime is the latest version etc. I did a search and looked in the reg files for the fix people found, that wasn't the issue. I made sure QT was updated to latest version. Etc.

So I unchecked the option in Produce for the H.26/AVC MP4 option to use Fast Video Rendering Technology: Intel Quck Sync Video. When I did that, the error went away. Check the checkbox, error comes back.

Checked and my Intel video drivers (Intel HD 4000) are latest/up to date. Never had this problem before updating to Windows 10.

Attaching DXdiag since people usually ask for this when posting this type of issue.

Ideas?
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DXDiag file
 Filesize
103 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
199 time(s)
Richmond Dan
Senior Contributor Location: Richmond, VA Joined: Aug 07, 2014 17:17 Messages: 673 Offline
[Post New]
I can't answer your question, but am aware that PD14 users (and others) have been advised to uninstall Quicktime:

http://blog.trendmicro.com/urgent-call-action-uninstall-quicktime-windows-today/ Regards,
Dan
Power Director 21-Ultimate
v 21.0.3111.0
XPS-8940, Win-10 64-bit,
Intel Core i9-10900 processor
(10 core, 20M Cache),
32GB DDR4 RAM, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVME SSD, 2TB 7200 RPM SATA HDD,
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
DocDaddy [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks, I just realized I did uninstall Quicktime after I tested to make sure this wasn't the problem. I double checked after a recent update to iTunes to make sure it didn't install QT and it is indeed no longer on the computer.

Thanks for the heads up though!
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Intel does have a later driver dated this year. See this link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/81499/Intel-HD-Graphics-4000-for-3rd-Generation-Intel-Core-Processors . It may be unsigned for win 10.

Let us know if this fixes your problem.
DocDaddy [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Intel does have a later driver dated this year. See this link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/81499/Intel-HD-Graphics-4000-for-3rd-Generation-Intel-Core-Processors . It may be unsigned for win 10.

Let us know if this fixes your problem.

Set up a system restore, downloaded and installed the driver to which you linked. Rebooted, and voila, no more error message!

Thanks for taking the time to research and help!
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Whoa. Glad that it solved your problem. That driver may be unsigned for win 10 and it will be rolled back to the previous driver in a few days unless you stop the automatic win 10 driver update. This is not the same as win 10 updates.