Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Best settings for good preview quality
JoeOfBrien1969 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: New Orleans Joined: Jul 19, 2016 13:17 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
Is there anything I can do in settings or preferences to make my previews run more smoothly? Also, is there a way to render a HQ preview without having to 'produce' it?
Ray Mc [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 23, 2014 19:01 Messages: 61 Offline
[Post New]
The short answer is probably no. List what u have to work with. I just installed magic on a quad 4 cpu with a amd fury x graphics card. the couple short tests with 4k played smoothly. I know it is a extra step but it helps immensly. I have since installed magic on my best computer... I7 5790 nvidia 970 and ssd drives. A four camera multicam edit with a mixed audio track plays back well in full hd preview.

good luck

ray
JoeOfBrien1969 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: New Orleans Joined: Jul 19, 2016 13:17 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
Here's what I am working with:

AMD A10-5700 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 3.40GHz

28GB RAM

64 bit Operating system, x64 based processor

What is Magic?
Ray Mc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Magic is script that uses a old but powerful decompressor.... It makes a avi at the resolution of the original file that can be 10 times in size.... this is the downside. some of the users here wrote the Magic programto make the process easy to do. It does take time and space though. My slower computer is about 2 to 1 times the original in time to decompress.

The new files are now editable on the time line in power director. I am using versions 13 and 14 without problems. My experieance is only a matter of days old at this point. I am doing 4 4k files in the 8 minute range in multicam with a seperate audio from the mixing board at the event.

Last of all there is a batch processing routine in the instructions that allows processing while you do chores and then get into the editing session later. This can be fournd under the power director 14 page of the forum is a lengthy thread on this program.

I haven't had time to look at your computer strength and I am not knowledgeble when it comes to amd processors. Intel is said to be a better processor for video. I have a third machine with a amd 8 core 3 ghz processor and older graphics i will try in a few days... 16 gb ram is standard on all my machines.

Is your machine a laptop or desktop? A quick search brought up laptops...Amyway hang in there...

Ray
Ray Mc [Avatar]
[Post New]
I did a ck on cpu and graphics card specs and they are low. I am not sure that magic will do the trick. What resolution is your projects...
PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
welcome.

Quote: Here's what I am working with:

AMD A10-5700 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 3.40GHz

28GB RAM

64 bit Operating system, x64 based processor

try disabling

Preferences - Hardware Acceleration - enable haredware decoding

it is just left of Produce button. it's a gear wheel.

and in Produce, disable

Fast video rendering technology - Hardware video encoder

may the force be with you.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan

'garbage in garbage out' 'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1