Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Any way to turn off or auto-hide the OSD in custom size window?
[Post New]
Hey y'all,

I'm not sure if I am asking this question properly but, I have "show OSD" unchecked in the General player settings but I still see the controls and on screen garb while in a custom (smaller) window.

For example, When in full screen it shows just the DVD and no controls unless I move the mouse over the picture, which is what I would like to do in a custom window.

Is there any way to do this?

Thanks,

RC

BTW
just to say, THIS is one nice piece of software, the picture and sound are incredible!!!!And I love the library mode and ease of use of it. (I got Power2Go 10 with it but haven't installed it yet, I'm still using 9)

As windows 10 is requiring a lot of upgrading for burning/moviemaking types of software I have been slowly switching over to ALL CyberLink products, the prices are very competitive and the products just do the job properly!!

Made several movies lately with the Power Director and edited and created a ton of stuff with the Photo Director which I
got with it!!

I won’t say what I was using before, but I will say that after 15 years, faithfully upgrading as needed, their quality and response to the customer is lost. I am done with them.

I hope this quality of CL products keeps up for a long time to come. ASUS Z690 Apex ; intel 12900k ; 32gig Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4800 ; ASUS 4080 RTX ; Creative AE-7 ; Windows 11 Pro M.2 Samsung EVO 980 ; Duel LG 4k Monitors ; EVGA Supernova 1300 PSU
Hicham_B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Jun 09, 2015 04:02 Messages: 1347 Offline
[Post New]
Hi RobCom,

Thank you for using our forum.
Just to make sure we are talking about the same thing, would you please make a screenshot marking the controls you mean?

Thank you
Hicham Technical support:
EN: https://www.cyberlink.com/support/contact-support.jsp
DE: https://de.cyberlink.com/support/contact-support.jsp
FR: https://fr.cyberlink.com/support/contact-support.jsp
ES: https://es.cyberlink.com/support/contact-support.jsp
[Post New]
Hey Hicham sorry it took me so long to get back, I have a ton of stuff going on around me right now.

Anyways to show what I'm talking about, this scereenshot shows a "window mode" cap of the PowewrDVD: (see attachment)

You wil notice all of the osd settings and options are showing, BUT in fullscreen they auto-hide. In the settings I have the "Show OSD" box unchecked.

Is there any way to make the program auto hide the controls whn in a small or "not" full screen mode?

and thanks for any help man.
[Thumb - osd.JPG]
 Filename
osd.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
58 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
192 time(s)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Sep 04. 2016 01:41

ASUS Z690 Apex ; intel 12900k ; 32gig Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4800 ; ASUS 4080 RTX ; Creative AE-7 ; Windows 11 Pro M.2 Samsung EVO 980 ; Duel LG 4k Monitors ; EVGA Supernova 1300 PSU
[Post New]
Here is a full screen shot, notice the controls auto-hide when the mouse is off the picture:
[Thumb - full.JPG]
 Filename
full.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
72 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
158 time(s)
ASUS Z690 Apex ; intel 12900k ; 32gig Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4800 ; ASUS 4080 RTX ; Creative AE-7 ; Windows 11 Pro M.2 Samsung EVO 980 ; Duel LG 4k Monitors ; EVGA Supernova 1300 PSU
Bogdan_D [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Mar 30, 2014 12:49 Messages: 167 Offline
[Post New]
What movie is that?
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
If you want to use the Cinema Mode, the OSD disappears in both full screen and partial screen mode if you move the cursor off to the side. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
[Post New]
Quote: What movie is that?

Its a movie called Clown....don't watch it lol ASUS Z690 Apex ; intel 12900k ; 32gig Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4800 ; ASUS 4080 RTX ; Creative AE-7 ; Windows 11 Pro M.2 Samsung EVO 980 ; Duel LG 4k Monitors ; EVGA Supernova 1300 PSU
[Post New]
Quote: If you want to use the Cinema Mode, the OSD disappears in both full screen and partial screen mode if you move the cursor off to the side.

Cinema mode/TV mode? I will give that a look, thanks. ASUS Z690 Apex ; intel 12900k ; 32gig Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4800 ; ASUS 4080 RTX ; Creative AE-7 ; Windows 11 Pro M.2 Samsung EVO 980 ; Duel LG 4k Monitors ; EVGA Supernova 1300 PSU
[Post New]
I don't think there is a Cinema mode in PDVD any more, is there? I think it got dropped when the choice between PC Mode and TV Mode was introduced.

RobCom, I get what you're trying to do, but I can't find any way to do it either. I have a wide PC mintor, and have PDVD set to default to a quarter of the screen, so I can play videos there while I work in stuff on the other side of the screen. I'd like to be able to toggle the control bars off the top and bottom of the PDVD window, so it's just a black screen with the video playing. That's something like what you want, right?

I've been through the user guide pretty carefully, hoping there might be a hotkey command to toggle the control iconss as visible and hidden, but I can't find one. We could set up a custom hotkey, if only we knew what the application command was to toggle the control icons on and off, but there's no clue that I can find. Sorry mate.
[Post New]
Yeah I can't find any way of doing it short of using TV mode. I like the normal media manager mode better, but when I watch my DVD's or iso's I just go into TV mode and use that.

I really wish that MS had not dropped media center, it worked for ALL of my DVD's, iso's AND my Hauppauge TV card. ASUS Z690 Apex ; intel 12900k ; 32gig Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4800 ; ASUS 4080 RTX ; Creative AE-7 ; Windows 11 Pro M.2 Samsung EVO 980 ; Duel LG 4k Monitors ; EVGA Supernova 1300 PSU
[Post New]
Thanks mate. I stay away from TV Mode because I don't have my PC hooked up to one, so going into the mode just leaves the software in an unbreakable loop while it tries to find and sync with the device.

Anyway. Being able to toggle a minimal interface seems like a good candidate for a feature request. ;