Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Possible issue with PowerDVD16 and the Windows 10 Anniversary Update.
Sayjimwoo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 05, 2010 20:56 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
For some reason, even on a fresh Windows 10 Anniversary Edition install I am getting "Event ID 33 SideBySide" errors in the event log from Powerdvd 16. It never did this before the Anniversary Update.

PowerDVD itself runs fine so I don't know what problems this error is causing.

If anyone else is using Windows 10 Anniversary Update, could you please test by running the .exe below to see if it fails to run for you.

C:\Program Files (86x) CyberLink\PowerDVD16\Kernel\DMS\CLMSediaInfoPDVD16.exe

Formatting Windows or reinstalling PowerDVD does not resolve this. I am not sure if it is a PowerDVD error or a compatibility issue with the Anniversary Update.

Thanks in advance.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Aug 16. 2016 04:29

Pete 12 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Aug 21, 2012 09:07 Messages: 96 Offline
[Post New]
We upgraded our Win10 TSH2 to Redstone1, so with keeping all our software etc. Our PDVD16 is working well on the Anniversary Update.Only troubles are the YouTubes which ,sometimes, will not play.......... Do NOT GIVE UP!! CyberLink updates PDVD12 next month for solving these frustrating problem!!
Sayjimwoo [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for replying Pete. Yes, PowerDVD work fine for me too and unless you checked the event viewer you wouldn't even know there was a problem. The exe in question is not for the main program it must do something else.
Did you test the exe in the location above?

Thanks
Pete 12 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Aug 21, 2012 09:07 Messages: 96 Offline
[Post New]
PDVD16 or other related files , dont show up in my Event Viewer.
Very wise to check these logs,coz otherwise you dont know about faulty or corrupted files on your system.
You could try to completely ( yes, COMPLETELY !) remove PDVD16/CyberLink , and then reinstall again...... Do NOT GIVE UP!! CyberLink updates PDVD12 next month for solving these frustrating problem!!
Sayjimwoo [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Pete. Could you please go to the location on the top post and start the exe and tell me what happens please

Cheers pal
Carljh1 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Adelaide, South Australia Joined: Feb 27, 2016 19:27 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Since updating to the Anniversary update, I have been unable to open PowerDVD16 on my laptop. I have uninstalled and re-installed several times including a complete uninstall using Revo Uninstaller and still get the 'side by side' error when right clicking on the icon. I have downloaded the latest update but that didn't help either. I don't however, have the problem on my PC with the Windows update.
Sayjimwoo [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have contacted support as nobody would follow my simple request. So much for the forums.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 21. 2016 02:14