Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Smart Sound
rcohen [Avatar]
Member Location: Smokey mountains, TN Joined: Oct 10, 2013 21:44 Messages: 58 Offline
[Post New]
Been a PD user since V10 and have been using Smart Sound for just as long with very little issue.

Today, out of nowhere, the smart sound feature of PD is only locking up the software and forcing an "end task" scenario for me.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled, both, SS and PD with no fix in the pipe.

Anyone else having this issue? Both softwares work just fine solo, but loading smartsound in PD locks up hard when you try to play a SS track (for preview) in PD.

Quite frustrating.

Thanks

rcohen RCMedia Services dot net
Most Anything Digital
rcohen [Avatar]
Member Location: Smokey mountains, TN Joined: Oct 10, 2013 21:44 Messages: 58 Offline
[Post New]
Found the solution. Posting it here in case someone needs it.

Apple Quicktime needed to be UNinstalled and REinstalled. THAT worked ;-0

Most Anything Digital
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi rcohen -

Glad you found a solution. After all, you just need the thing to work!

Intriguing though because, here, SmartSound functions perfectly well with NO QuickTime installed. It previews in the library & timeline and works as expected.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
rcohen [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi rcohen -

Glad you found a solution. After all, you just need the thing to work!

Intriguing though because, here, SmartSound functions perfectly well with NO QuickTime installed. It previews in the library & timeline and works as expected.

Cheers - Tony

I tried without Quicktime by uninstalling it ... you have to uninstall it to "reset" the status or config, or it still won't work.

I suspect that if you actually check, you probably have the codec installed at least, as the interface (between SS and PD) is absolutely Quicktime driven, at least from what I read on the subject.

Thanks

Most Anything Digital