Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
No dll files in waterfall procedure
Loveclose [Avatar]
Member Joined: Feb 20, 2012 08:49 Messages: 76 Offline
[Post New]
Greetings to all, and apologies if I'm digging up an old problem....

I've been using PD10 since it came out - brilliant most of the time.

Until I upgraded to Win10 - then it just wouldn't load. And I got the first of the 'no dll in waterfall procedure' error messages ever.

I thoguht that thsi was just a Win10 compatability issue with PD10 - the lack of start up certainly is, in my view.

However, I've downloaded the trial version of PD14 Ultra with a view to purcahse if it works as well as PD10.

Well, it loads jsut fine, but I'm still getting these infernal 'no dlls...' messages - four or five at a time at total random moments.

Now I've searched the problem and found solutions - but realised that all that I found were related to Win7. Searching for the file locations proved a bit fruitless, and I certainly can't find the suggested dll files that are mentioned either here or Win7 forums.

So I need a Win10 fix for this. I can offer the following to help:

1) Elsewhere, uninstalling GoPro Cine software was blammed for the missign dlls. I've never used it - I do have the current GoPro editing software but it's never been uninstalled and it's a different programme.

2) Problems seem to have occured first time after Win10 upgrade.

3) Can't think of anything that I've uninstalled that would rougley remove the dlls that Cyberlink PD 10 and 14 require.

4) I've only 4MB of ram - I realise that I will need 8mb, whcih I'm prepared to upgrade to if I can get this dll problem sorted first.

5) System is an AMD Phenom II chip at 3.2Ghz, have an LG Blu Ray RW, Radeon HD Graphics card, an older one for sure, but worked fine with PD10, Win10 OS

I had hoped that installing a working demo of PD14 would somehow replace the missign dlls required if they are so needed. Woudl installing the full product rectify the problem??

Does anyone know which dll files are missign and how and where to find/reinstall them?

Any help gratefully appreciated - I have a coupel of video projects to start and need either to upgrade to PD14 with the problem solved before purchase fi possibel.

Many thanks in advance,

Peter

PS, I have mailed the supprot team - first response was to place the blame fair and square on the PC without really telling me how to go about fixing it! Am awaiting a second reaponse, but wondered if anyone here had a Win 10 fix for this old problem! The meek shall inherit the earth, if that's ok with everyone else....
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Upgrading software has it’s share of problem. Go to the top of the forum index page and access the support/ win update center and check your pc’s compatibility with win 10: http://www.cyberlink.com/stat/window10-updates-center/enu/index.jsp . Let us know if PD10 on your pc will work with win 10.
Loveclose [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi there Tomasc,

Many thanks for your reply.

Have done that already, and it advises upgrading to PD14. That in itself I wan't over suprised with.
However, having uninstalled PD10 and installed the PD14 demo software, initial results were good, except I get these dll error messages.

WIth PD10, I'd get the same errors right at the initiation, and then the programme just woudln't load.

With PD14, I appear to be able to work the software, but these error messages keep coming up. Eventually, it locks up - due either to the error messages or the fact that I've only 4gig of ram.

Would sure like to get rid of the error messages before I try anything else!

Thanks again The meek shall inherit the earth, if that's ok with everyone else....
Loveclose [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'm sure that the Win 10 upgrade is at the heart of it - somehow, the dll files have gone awol, or thery are in a different place than Cyberlink is expecting.

Afraid I dont' know which files it's looking for. The meek shall inherit the earth, if that's ok with everyone else....
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
You are probably right about that. There is a solution in the GoPro forum that should work in removing the error messages : https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-App-for-Desktop/Error-No-DLLS-were-Found-in-the-Waterfall-Procedure-Occurs-After/td-p/486 . I would move those files to a created temp folder instead of deleting them outright so you can always put them back if you have to.
Loveclose [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ok, will give this a go over the weekend - I've read the bizz from the link you provided, and as these posts were in 2015, it's more than possible they were also using Win10. Half the problem is finding the files in the first place!

Particularly as Win10 seems to update itself very very frequently. Last night, it did an age update, and this morning the Start queue looked unrecogniseable - just about every 'app' updated, and my network printer ended up printing garbage. Had to reinstall the printer!! Which had been working perfectly the day before.....

Whilst I like WIn10, I DON'T like these constant updates that sometimes update drivers with ones that simply don't work. The meek shall inherit the earth, if that's ok with everyone else....
Loveclose [Avatar]
[Post New]
BINGO

Followed the steps and I think it's working - no error files after 5 or 6 mins of PD14 demo use, and they'd appear very soon after doing anything within the process previously.

Now there's a lot of hanging around, hard disc churning and so on, with a few pauses here and there - I'm guessing that's because of my lack of RAM.

Am I right in thinking that 8MB of ram is a must??

If so, it would explain the thinking time I'm experiencing (PC wise that is....)

Have to thank you for your advice so far - it's got things goiing again and I'm starting to have a little more faith!! I'm sorry to say the online helpdesk has been rather woefull - nowhere near the crux of my problem whereas you've hit the nail on the head so easily - thank you.

I've saved the dll files in a folder in case I need them for the Go Pro app. In which case, I can move them back to Sys32 folder before using it.

One last question while I think of it - do I need a 64bit version of Win 10 to run Cyberlink PD14 Ultra?? Seems to be working ok-ish at the moment with just the 4gig of Ram which I do think will need to be upgraded to 8mb. The meek shall inherit the earth, if that's ok with everyone else....
CS2014
Senior Contributor Location: USA-Eastern Time Zone Joined: Sep 16, 2014 16:44 Messages: 629 Offline
[Post New]
I think even some suggest 16G RAM so.... if you can afford it....

CS PD13 Ultimate - Build 3516, WIN 8.1, 64 Bit, 16G RAM, Intel Core i5 4460, CPU @ 3.2GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GT720, Graphics Memory(total avail.)-4093MB
LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray Drive
Richmond Dan
Senior Contributor Location: Richmond, VA Joined: Aug 07, 2014 17:17 Messages: 673 Offline
[Post New]
Click on the "?" in the upper right corner of PD14, then click on Power Director Help. That opens the user guide. The second item under Welcome is System Requirements...that should answer your questions. Regards,
Dan
Power Director 21-Ultimate
v 21.0.3111.0
XPS-8940, Win-10 64-bit,
Intel Core i9-10900 processor
(10 core, 20M Cache),
32GB DDR4 RAM, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVME SSD, 2TB 7200 RPM SATA HDD,
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
[Post New]
Had the same problem. The GoPro app doesn't need them. I've never moved them back.
On a side note, because you installed the GoPro app you now have AVI Cineform codecs. I always convert my MP4's to them first before editing. They are becoming the new standard and are excellent. Asus X79-Deluxe, Intel i7-4930K, EVGA GTX 980ti, G.Skill memory 16GB, Corsair HX1000 PSU, OCZ Vertex4 SSD, OCZ Vector180 480GB, (2)Western Digital Black 1TB(RAID0), Western Digital 2TB, LG Blue Ray Burner, Lite-on DVD Burner, Logitech G19 keyboard, Window
Loveclose [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you all for your replies - will check out the specs as suggested.

GoPro bizz- I was led to understand from another thread I picked up that these dll files were related to Time Lapse photography within GoPro somehow. Anyhow, I'll keep 'em until I need 'em.

I am hoping that the non response I still get is down to RAM - seems to happen quite quickly, so I think a visit to my guru is required!!

I'm interested in the last response - my camera's video files are listed as MTS files within the properties tab. They are the highest resolution my HD cam can offer. Can I convert these to AVI files beforehand - and how do I go about doing that?

Thanks to all once again,

Peter The meek shall inherit the earth, if that's ok with everyone else....