Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD12 - Need help with Producing
Dalstar09 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 18, 2014 20:45 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
I am so lost. Trying to make a vacation movie. I have GoPro footage along with pictures from point and shoot cameras. I have made several attempts with the different producing settings (avi, wma, mpeg, etc.) and nothing seems to work right. The footage is either very jerky, blurry, or in a 4:3 format (after it looks 16:9 when producing) when uploaded to YouTube. What is the best setting for YT uploads? TIA.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
That is best answered by YouTube ! I often use wmv since it is also universal.

Don't use the YouTube uploader in the program. Do it directly to YouTube using their uploader.

If the produced videos are jerky, it might well be an issue with your computer. Please post the dxdiag.exe evaluation of your computer. It is a Windows built in application. It gives no personal information other than the name of you computer. Essentially - Start -Run-dxdiag.exe.

Copy and paste the text file (on the first page of dxdiag).

If you have video and point and shoot images, you may want to add color panels where you want the images and then add the images as overlays (second track). You can adjust the size within the color panel

Let us know if you want more information. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Dalstar09 [Avatar]
[Post New]
-----------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 7/31/2016, 17:49:10
Machine name: HP
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 10586) (10586.th2_release_sec.160630-1736)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: 700-414
BIOS: 80.20
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 12288MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 12194MB RAM
Page File: 4040MB used, 8552MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: 12
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
DxDiag Version: 10.00.10586.0000 64bit Unicode

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
Display Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.
Dalstar09 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I thought the WMV was my best bet, but it isnt giving the results I wanted. It is possible to have 16:9 in WMV, correct?
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I thought the WMV was my best bet, but it isnt giving the results I wanted. It is possible to have 16:9 in WMV, correct?

Yes it is possible.

Perhaps I gave you wrong directions. Please post the entire text file (not line by line text). That option is on the first page of the dxdiag.exe program.

When you open PowerDirectro, do you select 16 by 9? In Produce, did you select Windows Media and then just below that did you select full WMV Full HD (1920 by 1080)? See the attachments.

Did you produce and then watch that wmv file?

Did you understand what I mean by adding a color board to the main track and then adding the image to a higher number track? Remember that your video is 16 by 9 in high resolution but your images are probably 4 by 3 or 3 byt 4 or 3 by 2 or 2 byt 3 and other ratios in very high resoolutions. To fill the 16 by 9 with a 3 by 4 ration image is not possible with out distorting the image. The simplest wsy is to fill the 16 by 9 color baord and then place (overlay) the image over it.

If those aqre no your issues, please comback and be more definitive on what your problem is. By the way, did you watch any of the turorials on Power Director in the Director's Zone?
[Thumb - high resolution.png]
 Filename
high resolution.png
[Disk]
 Description
Selecting High Resolution
 Filesize
71 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
27 time(s)
[Thumb - 16_by_9.png]
 Filename
16_by_9.png
[Disk]
 Description
Slect 16 by 9
 Filesize
8 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
28 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 01. 2016 07:26

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.