Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Slideshow effects
Bo40 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 09, 2010 03:26 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Hi. I am new to this forum and after much searching I could not find any information on how PD puts together their slideshow. Is there any guide/tutorial that shows the effects, transitions, pips, etc that have been used. I would like to recreate some of the effects but add my own particular photo. When I import for "advanced editing" there is only a video not showing how it was put together and with limited editing options. Is there any information on how these wonderful slideshows are put together? Thanks
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi. I am new to this forum and after much searching I could not find any information on how PD puts together their slideshow. Is there any guide/tutorial that shows the effects, transitions, pips, etc that have been used. I would like to recreate some of the effects but add my own particular photo. When I import for "advanced editing" there is only a video not showing how it was put together and with limited editing options. Is there any information on how these wonderful slideshows are put together? Thanks

MAke a short production using some of your images/video and a template you like. Let the program analyze and make the Magic Movie.

You can select "Theme Designer" to see and adjust what is in it and to get some hints about what is used where.
Bo40 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I must have some different settings. If I use the "Grid with Transitions" template under Magic Movement, I go to edit and there is no "Timeline". All I can do is adjust the picture used. I would like to see a timeline of how they for example, did that boarder and used the grid line effect, or what transition was used. The same is when I use the SlideShow Creator. I love the effects used and want to be creative myself and learn how the slideshow was put together, what timing, transitions, etc were used. The "Express Project" has been helpful to learn how to be more "creative". Thanks.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Magic Movement? I thought we were talking about Magic Movie? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Bo40 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sorry brain and hands do not always sync - meant Magic Movement. Cannot work out how to insert a screenshot to show what I mean. Another example is I would like to achieve a shot like in the Cell slideshow where it has one large picture and three smaller pictures with a thin black frame. I have tried to recreat this picture myself (as a learning experience) and am muddling my way through it. I am wanting to know if PD have a guide to how their slideshows are created so I can learn and using the full feature editor recreate this myself but adding my own flair (eg a white boarder instead of a black boarder).
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
HI Bo40,
Check out the guides. Look at Part E & F for showing us what you're doing.
Link: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/45453.page
Dafydd
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Bo40.
Use 4 tracks, Place an image in each to the same length, or videos to the same length.
Select Grid Lines x 6.
Identify the back image, Track 1.
Click and drag the corners of each image and allow it to snap to the gridlines. You will need to re-position the middle image (I had to).
I hope the images provided helped.
Dafydd

[Thumb - SD-2013-02-2143.png]
 Filename
SD-2013-02-2143.png
[Disk]
 Description
Resize an image or video
 Filesize
465 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
201 time(s)
[Thumb - SD-2013-02-2140.png]
 Filename
SD-2013-02-2140.png
[Disk]
 Description
Sanp, Grid Lines
 Filesize
480 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
195 time(s)
[Thumb - SD-2013-02-2142.png]
 Filename
SD-2013-02-2142.png
[Disk]
 Description
Add images or a video
 Filesize
37 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
209 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 02. 2016 06:02

Bo40 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Had a screenshow saved to a Jpeg file but when I clicked on the "insert/edit image" above, it came up with a small screen asking for source, image description and dimensions. There is no "drop down" to help with file location of the screenshot that I have saved. Not very computer literate so not sure how to write the "source", etc. Thanks
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Bo40,
See the images I have added. these might help you. Messages crossed, I was still adding the images ha ha
Dafydd
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Bo40 -

All the templates for making "instant" things - Magic Style/Movie, Theme Designer, Slideshow & Express Projects - have pre-designed effects, transitions & graphics. They're there to make it easy for editors to "throw together" a production.

I am wanting to know if PD have a guide to how their slideshows are created so I can learn and using the full feature
editor recreate this myself but adding my own flair... I would like to see a timeline of how they for example, did that boarder and used the grid line effect, or what transition was used.

There's nowhere, within each of those modules, to find out how effects were made. The graphics & effects are built in. The best you can do is take a particular example and try to replicate it, as has been shown (in part) above.

To share a screenshot, all you need to do is attach it using the Attachments button in the Reply editor.

There's a table attached showing (basically) what each of those magic/instant templated things does.

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
PDR_Template Video Making.pdf
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
310 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
175 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Bo40 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the answer re instant sideshows. There is one trainsition I have been trying to replicate without success. I have a screenshot I would like to attach to a query to see if anyone else has been able to replicate (or if a template is available). I have saved the jpeg image in the pictures folder of my PC. When I click on the "insert/edit video" icon above it comes up with a box asking me the "source". I am not sure how to write the location of the image. I have also tried copy and paste but again come up with this box.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
This screenshot was planted here using that button. The image is stored online at Imgur.

All you need to do is click the Attachments button, then browse to find your screenshot... just as I've done below laughing

Some of the transitions in those templates are reasonably complex. They're often transitions overlaid with other graphics (like the one attached)

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Action Transition.png]
 Filename
Action Transition.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1004 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
20 time(s)

Bo40 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you for your patience & screenshots. Attached finally ( laughing ) is a screenshot of the Transition I am trying to replicate. In the DZ Transitions, there is a 2D Grid Transition but it is 5 x 5 squares. Is there a Transition that can be modified to get a 4 x 3 grid transition like in the screenshot (as used in the Cell Slideshow)? I have searched the Template section of DZ but with no luck so far.
 Filename
SS 2.bmp
[Disk]
 Description
4 x 3 grid transition
 Filesize
6597 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
22 time(s)
ynotfish
[Post New]
Hi Bo40 -

I don't think there's any way to modify the grid transition, apart from changing the type...

You're thinking! Those grid-type transitions are used a lot in the Cell slideshow template.

Here are some others that would help create a Cell-like slideshow

Cheers - Tony
Bo40 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you for your assistance Tony. Have a great day.