Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Simple Fade-in/Fade-out won't 'stick'
See2Dee [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 20, 2016 16:11 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
I am having a problem applying a simple fade at the beginning and end of a clip. It simply won’t work.

The source video I’m using for the project is a large (16GB) .mts file (merged from 9 smaller mts files). I am using a separately recorded audio track, which synced nicely with the camera audio. I deleted the camera audio then linked the separately recorded audio to the video track, to create a single video/audio track. However, the inability of the fades to ‘stick’ at either end of the video was evident even before I created the single track (i.e. before I removed the original camera audio, and while I still had the separately recorded audio on a different track).

As I see it, this is a really simply project. All I did was delete material at the beginning and end of the video. Now all I need to do, in order to provide a ‘draft’ for someone to view, is to apply a fade-in and a fade-out at the beginning and end, respectively.

Can someone help with this, please?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
You can go ahead and produce the project first and then add the fades the way you want on the produced file. You should have the fades working on the next produced file.
See2Dee [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks. That was pretty much what I had decided to do. However, after I produced the MP4 file and then went back to the project in PD14, I was suddenly able to add the fade-in & fade-out. However, I notice it applies only to the video component and not the audio. As a matter of interest, is it possible to have a fade that applies to both video & audio, or is it always necessary to apply a separate fade to the audio component?

If possible, could you advise on another 'problem', please. Somehow I accidentally added a keyframe marker on the audio track, and now I can't figure out how to remove it. It's not causing any trouble presently, but it's unnecessary, and it seems crazy that I can't remove it
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The same transition used as an overlay behavior instead of cross between clips works as expected. Since you are only applying it to the beginning and the end then can use the Constant Gain or Power transition for the audio part.

To remove that little white ball you added to to the audio you can right mouse click on it and choose Restore to original volume level or just leave it alone since it is of no harm.

Hope this helps.
See2Dee [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you. Much appreciated