Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Producing the file and creating disc CRASHES - solution
marek [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 25, 2008 04:08 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
Hello everybody
Many of you have the same problem - PD7 is jamned after producing part of file (20%, 50%, 92% etc.) without any message of error.

This is a foul of PD 7 software and Cyberlink should to repair it.

Here is at least temporary solution:
1) after PD stops in producing or creating disc (let the PD create on HDD)
turn off PD
2) look into the directory where should be produced file - you´ll find produced file even it is not produced whole

3) play the file and look at the end
4) the end of file is exactly the corrupting part in PD7
5) open the project in PD
6) look at the corrupted position you have found
7) remove any effect, pip, transition or piece of video file at the position
if the position is between two video files - remove piece of end of the first and piece of start of the second
9) try to produce again

this should help

I have resolved that problem by this way many times so I belive that it will help you everybody till Cybelink do so.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 16. 2008 05:20

[Post New]
Hi Marek,

Taking out any corrupted files/transitions, unfortunately, is only one of the problems with PD7 crashing. I have produced a short demo video using the clips that *came* from the PowerDirector 7 software, and the crashing problem associated with burning menus still pops up.

It's cool that users can help each other on here with PD7 problems, but Cyberlink really needs to fix these bugs...we users aren't on their payroll to do this.
marek [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 25, 2008 04:08 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]

It's cool that users can help each other on here with PD7 problems, but Cyberlink really needs to fix these bugs...we users aren't on their payroll to do this.

hi
you´re absolutely right.
vien [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 19, 2008 12:00 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITHIN 1 MONTH,CAN NOT FIGURE OUT,EVEN SUBMIT QUESTION TO SUPPORT,BUT THEY JUST GO AROUND.
AT FIRST I SAW PD OPTIMINE FOR CORE I7 AND NVIDIA CUDA.I THINK IT'S COOL,THEN I SPEND ALMOST $2000 TO BUILD THAT HI END SYS,AND A SONY HD SR11 CAMCODER.BUT I THINK ALL OF THAT FLUSH INTO TOILET WHEN EVERY NIGHT I TRY TO BURN AND PRODUCE TO MANY DIFFERENT WAY,INCLUDE BREAK IT INTO SMALL FILE THEN PRODUCE IT.IT KEEPS STOP WORKING.
I THINK PD SHOUD DO SOME THING TO IMPROVE LIKE THEY ADVERTIZE.WE SPEND MONEY AND ALSO TIMES TO DO ALL CRASH THING.
Paul [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 15, 2008 00:43 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I purchased PowerDirector 7 last week in hopes that I can quickly edit a church Christmas play and cut a DVD before Christmas. But, that hope is fading fast. Funny thing is the Christmas play is titled Haymore's Hope.

I am trying to output a regular DVD converting from a Panasonic SD1 AVCHD camcorder. Everything worked beautifully up to the point of writing the DVD files into a folder. Then PowerDirector crashes around 20% into the process. I tried removing the menu--didn't fix the issue. There are no output files. So, I have no idea what is causing the issue.

Two final nitpicks
1. Every time I close the project, I have to re-align all of the sound files. I think this may be happening when I add transitions too.
2. Why can't the Youtube video give me the option to break into 10 minute segments automatically? Do I have to re-edit a whole new project?

Anyway, if anyone can help me with the first issue of crashing before Christmas, I'll be a happy camper. I have around 80 families waiting on me and hoping to get the video by Christmas Eve.

Thanks!.
Paul [Avatar]
[Post New]
OK, I didn't make any changes other than to produce the video again. Now I am getting 100% through the burning process (I don't know why the program says that because all it did is create menus and titles, burning hasn't happened yet). But, when the program begins burn to the DVD, I get "Burning Failed! Error code: eb020b88.
Walker [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 19, 2008 18:57 Messages: 97 Offline
[Post New]

Turning off any security (AV/IS) software always helps.

I stopped burning my projects with PD7 a long time ago as well. It's better to just create a DVD folder and burn the DVD Video with something like NERO.

Paul [Avatar]
[Post New]
Since I am using a new machine with a freshly installed OS and all updates, I have not installed any security software yet. But, I will try turning off the Windows firewall temporarily.
Derek [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 21, 2009 18:35 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Paul, did you have any luck fixing this problem. I have the same issue; after DVD starts burning, 1/3 way through I get the same message: burning can not be completed, an error code: EB020B88.
Paul, please let me know how you fixed it (if you did).
Thanks,
Derek
Nick [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 24, 2009 22:34 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I am looking forward to this solution. I just bought the suit and burning has become a hit and miss. I have been making several drink coaster with failed burns and it is getting expensive. I hope a solution comes out soon. I tried all the suggested solutions and remain with the error on burning to disk.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Every disc burning issue I ever had was related to the menu.
Try a new menu. It can be any other menu, just edit it to suit your needs. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Derek [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 21, 2009 18:35 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I got following response from Cyberlink technical support:

In response to your concern, please follow the below given steps to resolve the issue :

1) Empty the contents of the C:\Windows\temp folder and C:\temp folder, if you have one. Then empty Recycle Bin.

2) Defragment your harddrive. DVDs video files are very large and can quickly fill your harddrive to capacity. A fragmented harddrive can cause problems during DVDs burning. Make sure to defragment your drive(s) regularly.

3) To avoid any compatibility issues, please close all other software and utility applications including virus scans, screen saver and instant messaging software before you launch PowerProducer.

4) Increase Virtual memory :

1. Right click on "MyComputer"
2. Select Properties -> Advance
3. Click on "settings" under Performance.
4. Select "Advance"
5. Click on "change" under Virtual memory.
6. Select "Custom" and enter initial value as "2024" and Max value as "4048".

NOTE: If your existing settings are higher than recommended then leave them as before.

5) Please check whether the drive where you have installed PowerCinema software has enough space on it. At least 15 GB of free space is required and recommended while burning a DVDs.

I didn't try it yet, so I don't know if it works but I have my doubts.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Go to Piriform, and get free CCleaner, and Defraggler, use them both.
Also delete any tmp files in the folder/directory you were burning to.
Change location you are burning to, sometimes these complex computer functions just don't like what you've told them to do. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Nick [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 24, 2009 22:34 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, changing the menu worked. Thanks again guys.