Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
GUIDE: YouTube-Gaming
[Post New]
Hey! Thought I'd share a quick tutorial of how to get the best out of your gaming via Power Director since gaming really is a huge difference to normal clips and needs a really high quality.
Also, it seems that the more views a YouTuber have, the higher quality is given their clips by YouTube. (Not sure of this and YouTube haven't acknowleded it but it's something many noticed.) So max out the quality as YouTube lowers it quite a bit!
The combination of a good game-recorder and Power Director makes high quality clips who doesn't take forever to render out as PD is, without a doubt, the fastest product there is.

1. RECORDER

• There is a built in function for recording in PD but I'm afraid it's no good for gaming. Of all I have tried, I would recomend that you buy Bandicam or Mirillis Action but there is a free program called OBS Studio you can use too, or ShadowPlay if you use Nvida graphics. Guides for these are all over the internet. Don't use Fraps as that haven't been updated for many years and don't even have support for DX12. (All of these are just a short google-search away.)

• Personally I like Bandicam as it can save dual audio as seperate files as well as facecam, also as separate file. This way you can lower and raise the volumes as it fits and move around your facecam to where it isn't in the way for the actuall gameplay, or chromakey out the background of it.

• Always go for a high bitrate as YouTube always lower the quality a lot. You want as high quality as possible to work with. 1920x1080 and if possible, 60 FPS.

2. POWER DIRECTOR SETTINGS

• Make sure the Timeline Frame Rate matches your gameplay clip.

• When rendering, go for H.264 AVC and M2TS as normal MP4 only have support for AAC audio in Power Director and it seems PD have troubles creating good audio of that. Instead, use M2TS and go for Dolby.

• Change the resolution to 2048 x 1152 as YouTube sees that as "larger than 1080p" and processes it to a higher quality than it would a normal 1080p.

• Also, max out the bitrate. Files will be large but that is the only way to maintain some quality as YouTube lowers the quality quite a lot during processing.

3. HAPPY GAMING

Have fun gaming! People don't wanna see some boring gameplay, they could play themselves instead then. They are there to see YOU play, to be entertained by YOU. So go crazy, use the game as a platform for your comedy, be all over the place, have tons of energy and have fun!

Best of luck to you!
/Ducky
[Thumb - guide2.PNG]
 Filename
guide2.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
Example PD settings
 Filesize
13 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
162 time(s)
[Thumb - guide1.PNG]
 Filename
guide1.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
Example Bandicam settings
 Filesize
63 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
163 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 19. 2016 14:42

Talukdar [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 08, 2015 08:00 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the post. I believe this tool might be a help. I knew that the more viewers a YouTuber get, the higher quality youtube will pay. If a youtuber can find and upload what people wants to see then he/she can make a fortune easily. I suggest you to read this eBook on making money from Gaming Niche so that you don't need to wait and sell the tools and start to make some real money.

Not only the YouTube, Twitch is getting more and more popular day by day among the gamers. TotalSystemCare - Software to Care for your PC