Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Moved block of video & audio clips on the timeline and the music still plays in the old location?
CG2112 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 19, 2016 18:27 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Is this a known glitch? I have a video of a dance that I want to arrainge the songs and I grabbed a few videos and the added audio tracks and moved them to a blank area on the timeline so I could work on another area...but the music that I moved still plays in the old location...

I can't see any file there to move or mute, it shows blank but the music plays. The music also plays in the new location I moved the block of files to???

Any ideas?

Thanks for the help!
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
My first thoughts would be -

1. Have you added audio and video tracks seperately?

2. If so then have you linked them?

3. If not then to move them together you need to select both the video and audio tracks before moving them.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I think a screen shot of the time lines would be very helpful.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 15. 2016 17:34

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
CG2112 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks all!

I'm hoping the pic shows up.

Im working with footage from camera 1 one timeline 1 and camera 2 on timeline 2...I also placed am mp3 file in the audio section of timeline 3 (rock around the clock)

I selected all the video and audio clips circled in yellow and moved them as a group to the left (red arrow)

Then I started editing in the blank space I just created by adding another audio file (mi cucu and vid clip 135) and vid to the timeline.

The problem is right where the cursor is, it's playing the Rock around the clock song and there is no file of any kind at that location. If I more the cursor to the location where the Rock around the clock is now...it will play there to...but it left a ghost audio track where it was and I can get rid of it???

I hope I explained it right & thanks for your time!
[Thumb - powerdirector audio issue.JPG]
 Filename
powerdirector audio issue.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
135 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
18 time(s)
CG2112 [Avatar]
[Post New]
" alt="" id="__mcenew" />
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Do you have shadow files enabled? HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: I selected all the video and audio clips circled in yellow and moved them as a group to the left (red arrow)

As far as I can see you haven't selected all the elements within that area but only the two videos at the top !00043" and the audio track "Rock around". If you moved that group to an empty area beyond the end of the timeline I would expect those three items to appear there.

p.s. - hmm... what Barry says makes me doubt myself now.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 15. 2016 18:11

CG2112 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Do you have shadow files enabled?

Don't know much about those...I checked in my Preferences under GENERAL and the is a a box for "Enable HD video processing (Shadow file) It is clicked. Should I unclick it or is that not the one you are talking about?

Longedge, I selected and moved all those file as a group in one go, over to where there are now. What you see in the screenshot is after about 15mins. have passed and I'm clicking on things and trying to find out why the audio is playing where there is no clip.

Thanks!
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
I cannot see if you are using HD video files from the timeline. Shadow/proxy files temporarily replace your HD files in your timelines and is designed to reduce the strain on weaker computers. If you start editing before your computer completely finishes generating the shadow files (library HD files show a yellow arrow icon turns green when completed) then odd things can happen.
Shut them off and browse to them, delete them via Preferences interface.
This exercise may or may not help, let us know.
HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]
Just one other observation - it may be helpful to simplify things by rendering parts of your project separately and then assembling the parts in another 'final' project. As long as you render all clips (intermediate and final) to the same profile then it won't affect the final result ikn terms of quality and it does help to isolate and identify problems.