Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
how do i remove effects from clips in PD14
[Post New]
Hi All ..I have googled this but cant find the answer...there are some solutions but for earlier versions of PD and the UI is different.

It's probably staring me in the face but am baffled

I just want to know how to remove an effect I have added to a clip such as 'magic motion'

I see the little orange 'i' on the clip and if I double click it I can change the properties but I just want to remove it.

Have also tried right clicking but can only find a way of deleting the whole clip not just the effect.

Tom
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Clicking the "effect" above the timeline and unticking the effect seems to remove the result, but not the i

Baffled a bit too Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Clicking the "effect" above the timeline and unticking the effect seems to remove the result, but not the i

Baffled a bit too
After you have done the above, Click on the minus sign, you can remove the effect from the video.

Just unchecking disables the effect, but does not remove the effect.

[Thumb - Remove Effect.PNG]
 Filename
Remove Effect.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
How to remove effect applied to Video (not in FX track)
 Filesize
12 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
125 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 08. 2016 16:55

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

[Post New]
Hi Shadowman and Carl thanks for the replies but i saw those 2 replies in my searching.

The screen shot in the download file is different to what my PD14 looks like

I dont have a tab above the timeline called 'effect' or an untick option or a minus sign...are these still somewhere in version 14?

I did find a way just now though...so for anyone as stupid as me here's how you do it

1) Click on the clip on your timeline that you want to remove the effect from.

2) click on the little magic wand sign (the 'magic tools' icon) then in the dropdown box select the effect you put on ...ie magic motion etc.

3)Then the effect you used is highlighted with a blue frame.

4) Then click the 'reset' button and this then removes the effect and the little orange 'i' disappears from your clip.

Tom