Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
MUI files missing
Kar3n2 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 30, 2016 09:04 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
so where can if find these MUI files and how did they go missing anyway? I cannot use my power director nor uninstall it to reinstall it???

anyone got any real solutions to this please Im going insane
Kar3n2 [Avatar]
[Post New]
ive seen this but has anybody any idea about this please? http://www.fixthisfile.com/?CID=PPC-MSN&OVKEY=MUI
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: so where can if find these MUI files and how did they go missing anyway?

I'm afraid that you'll get no sensible answer to a question like that. You need to be far more specific.

MUI = Multilingual User Interface
Richmond Dan
Senior Contributor Location: Richmond, VA Joined: Aug 07, 2014 17:17 Messages: 673 Offline
[Post New]
I've used PD for several years and never heard of an MUI file. I think that is probably a good thing. Regards,
Dan
Power Director 21-Ultimate
v 21.0.3111.0
XPS-8940, Win-10 64-bit,
Intel Core i9-10900 processor
(10 core, 20M Cache),
32GB DDR4 RAM, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVME SSD, 2TB 7200 RPM SATA HDD,
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
Kar3n2 [Avatar]
[Post New]
its when you try to uninstall you get a pop up that says these files are missing.

Ive been needing support over a week now and just ten mins ago they suggested I tried REVO which worked although same pop came up which I ignored and instructed it to remove all files anyway.

seems to have worked fingers x
Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]
You aren't giving any useful information. What has happened? Have you got an installation of PD14 that previously worked and has for some reason started causing problems? Perhaps you have tried to uninstall it and got an error message when trying to do so?
Kar3n2 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I had power director 13 and then purchased the upgrade to 14. It worked for a while ... then when I went back to it recently i got the pop up window saying the mui files missing.
so I had to unistall to reinstall but then it wouldnt uninstall in anyway with SKRSet.skr these missing too.

I finallly used REVO to unistall it all so im waiting for them to send link to reinstall 14 now. I hope it works ok thats all can say really.
Im a non techy btw sorry

Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]
OK this may be a problem that you need to contact Cyberlink Support about but first have a look HERE to see if it helps.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 30. 2016 18:03

Kar3n2 [Avatar]
[Post New]
thanks Ill make sure i close my anti virus before i install the 14. brill idea yes