Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Action Director
DerekT [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 06, 2016 14:51 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I have recently purchased a Samsung Gear 360 camera which came with the software for Action Director.

Initial thoughts re this product is it seems to be a rather slimmed down verison of Project Director which I also use.

I have taken a number of clips using the new camera and loaded them to Action Director. I have then selected a text template called Movie Opening 2 which I have inserted on the timeline before the actual 360 degree clips. I have similarly inserted a text template at the end of the video displaying my name and contact details as I am a real estate agent.

I have then produced the video from within the software and fired it straight to Youtube.

This all works fine yet once it displays on Youtube the text templates are also converted into 360 degree clips which makes it very hard to see the details my clip is at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfIWbdbEz38

I wondered if I am doing something basically wrong or if anyone else is experiencing these sorts of issus.

I also wonder if Action Director has been released to coincide with the release of the Samsung Gear 360 camera and really has not been developed to the extent it should be.

Other things I notice as there seems to be only one track in the timeline whereas Project Director has many. Any thoughts anyone?

Any suggestions from people using this relatively new product would be most welcome.

As for the camera it takes brilliant footage and the stitching in Action Director isn't bad. A bug bear on the Samsung side is the beggers have only made the app available on the S7 S7 Edge and the Note 5.

Kinda sucks one into a new phone and their whole vertical integral of products.

Cheers

Derek
CyberLinkForum-Admin
Administrator Location: Xindian Dist., New Taipei City, Taiwan (R.O.C.) Joined: Jun 29, 2012 04:52 Messages: 212 Offline
[Post New]
Moved this thread here, as we don't have an ActionDirector forum as of yet. It is coming soon.

Yes, ActionDirector is similar to PowerDirector, so users may be able to assist.

Regards,

Community Forum Team
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Derek,

I have used the Samsung version of ActionDirector as well.

First, I can't comment on your video as you set it to private. Generally though, only the video clips are 360 capable at this point as far as I know.

ActionDirector is a much simpler version of PowerDirector, with just the storyboard available. Samsung users need it to stitch the 360 files and then can produce or upload the clips. Currently, the Samsung version is different than the retail version:

http://www.cyberlink.com/products/actiondirector/features_en_US.html

You can check there for more info about the product.

Video intro for retail version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R5p6jhIFXI

David

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 28. 2016 21:10

Yair360 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 09, 2016 12:13 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having trouble getting ActionDirector to utilize the GPU fully. I have a GTX 1080 and CUDA Toolkit 8.0RC installed. When I import a 360 video I get 60% CPU usage and 40% GPU usage, according to GPU-Z, and it still takes a long time (not that much faster than without the dGPU). It doesn't seem to make a difference if I check "Enable OpenCL technology". Of course hardware decoding is checked.

I do not see a checkbox specifically to enable CUDA, as the support site says to do for PowerDirector.

Any help would be appreciated.
Richmond Dan
Senior Contributor Location: Richmond, VA Joined: Aug 07, 2014 17:17 Messages: 673 Offline
[Post New]
Yair,

Please start a new thread with a description of your problem in the title. This thread is months old and deals with other issues. You'll get much more helpful response this way (and welcome to a great forum!) Regards,
Dan
Power Director 21-Ultimate
v 21.0.3111.0
XPS-8940, Win-10 64-bit,
Intel Core i9-10900 processor
(10 core, 20M Cache),
32GB DDR4 RAM, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVME SSD, 2TB 7200 RPM SATA HDD,
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6