Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
lagging clip playback
Nathan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 14, 2008 18:38 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have MOV files that were recorded by an aiptek HD-DV, when loaded into the media library they can barely playback. The audio track marches on, which the video lags. The clips play fine and smooth using Apple QuickTime. I have an intel G33 graphics chip, which I know isn't the best.. But still it's pretty new with the most up to date driver and should be able to handle a 12Mb video file, especially when other players can do it.

Am I missing something? Should I be converting this clip somehow while working with it? I can't even select a lower play back quality, all items are grayed out.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated!

Clip info:
File type: QuickTime
File size: 10.71 MB
Created by: 2008/12/14 02:57 PM
Video:
Type: QuickTime
Original duration: 00:00:21:28
Resolution: 1280x720
Frame rate: 30.00 fps
Aspect Ratio: 16:9
Audio:
Type: QuickTime
Sample rate: 48kHz
Channel: Stereo
[Post New]
Hi Nathan,

According to PD7 specs, it's supposed to handle MOV files. There are a couple of things you can do to figure out if it's PD7 or the files you are trying to work with.

If your MOV files are corrupt, try loading another MOV file from another source. If it works in PD7, then your first clip was probably corrupted. If the second MOV source file still doesn't play on PD7, then it might be the software and you'll have to convert the MOV file to another format.

Check PD7's suggested requirements for what type of computer power you need to use this program. There may be an outside chance that your computer is straining to play the file you have loaded because it doesn't meet recommended requirements.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 19. 2008 15:29

Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Nathan,

This may help if your problem, as is mine, is indeed tied to your computer being a bit underpowered.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/4493.page#17238 Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips