Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
VST installed in WaveEditor is there but not named ?
[Post New]
Hi All ...My 1st post on forum.

I have just bought Powerdirector 14 Ultimate and so far love it

I have just installed the Blockfish,Floorfish and Spitfish plugins to WaveEditor.

However whwn I open the VST dropdown under effects they are not listed.

They ARE THERE though because if you click on the grey space under the blue bar in the right place it DOES launch the plugin and the yellow 'about VST' text has shifted down.

It's just that their names dont appear there just the blank grey background so I have to gues where to click for the correct plugin.

Any help gratefully accepted

Tom
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
This is something I have run across and it is only SOME VSTs. The ones you mentioned are on that list. I know of no solution but it must have to do with the VST naming protocol. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
[Post New]
Thanks very much Barry for the rapid reply. OK will just have to remember what is where.

I have moved onto Powerdirector (only bought it this week) from Sony Vegas 13 and am finding it a bit easier to understand so far..(am only an occasional user but do like trying things)...I particularly like the SVRT rendering feature so far

Just a pity Lynda dont do a tutorial course on it as I like how they do them

So far the powerediretor tutorials seem a bit randomly spread and done by different narrators etc...not found a beginners one from scratch structurered set by the same person yet.

Thanks again
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Perhaps the VST could be edited by a knowledgeable person.
As far as tutorials go have you visited PDTooTS? Find them on Youtube. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
[Post New]
will check that out now barry
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
One last thing...
Welcome to the Forum😀! HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Richmond Dan
Senior Contributor Location: Richmond, VA Joined: Aug 07, 2014 17:17 Messages: 673 Offline
[Post New]
In addition to PDToots, I recommend Maliek's PD University series on YouTube. I find them to be slower-paced and easier to follow. Regards,
Dan
Power Director 21-Ultimate
v 21.0.3111.0
XPS-8940, Win-10 64-bit,
Intel Core i9-10900 processor
(10 core, 20M Cache),
32GB DDR4 RAM, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVME SSD, 2TB 7200 RPM SATA HDD,
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
[Post New]
Thanks for the welcome Barry and thanks for the recommendation Dan

I will watch all these vids...also came across some from I think it was Mai?....also some on Muvipix but subscription seems somewhat rather expensive .....

Still it would be great to have a full beginning to end course by a professional narrater like Gary Rebolz on the Vegas tuts and webinars as some of the presentations on the powerdirector stuff can be a bit annoying with intrusive music etc.

Will still watch them though and learn it in the end
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Tom, Barry et al -

On the developer's website for the "FISH" VSTs, there's a note:

Known issues: some VST host programs won't display the preset names correctly. You'll sometimes see names like 'default' or 'init 1, init 2, ...' instead of the 'real' names, although the parameters are loaded correctly. This is due to different methods
that can be used to implement preset support. I will fix this as soon as I get back to the code (when ever that is...)

Here, after import into WE they don't show up at all - not even a blank space... yet they're fine in AudioDirector.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Cheers for that Tony....Interesting