Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Speech or Dialog Bubble
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Tony.

I was trying to avoid the image upload to an external site but oh well. Thank you for sharing the video. It aws quite useful, as all of your tutorials are. laughing

Here are the images of the thought bubble title from the DirectorZone. I opened the Title Designer and went back to the title saving it multiple times at different sizes and positions. There were nodes for both the text and the speech bubble and each could be adjusted independently of one another or in conjunction with one another.

As you can see there is no graphic on a separate track but I still have the ability to make adjustments to every aspect of the title. I hope this helps.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 14. 2016 23:14

Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Subscribe to PDU Mobile on YouTube.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: As you can see there is no graphic on a separate track but I still have the ability to make adjustments to every aspect of the title. I hope this helps.

Thank you Maliek in showing that both the text and speech bubble can be modified separately when using win 10.

I believe that you are saying that that the speech bubble image does not display in a separate track in Title Designer in win 10. You were still able to modify the image by clicking on the outer area of the dialogue balloon instead of clicking on the text in the center of that dialogue balloon in the Title Designer preview window. You can correct me here if this is wrong. This is exactly the way I made the changes using win 7. I never had to click on any of the separate tracks showing while in the Title Designer. Hope this helps the OP.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I was trying to avoid the image upload to an external site but oh well.

Yes - that's what the second part of the tutorial was about - after about 1:08 - embedding an image without using an external site.

Interesting that you're able to modify the image. Here, it doesn't matter what I do or where I click, the image cannot be resized or moved at all. Wonder what's causing it???

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I believe that you are saying that that the speech bubble image does not display in a separate track in Title Designer in win 10. You were still able to modify the image by clicking on the outer area of the dialogue balloon instead of clicking on the text in the center of that dialogue balloon in the Title Designer preview window.

You hit the nail on the head. I was able to follow the exact same order of operations on a Windows 10 machine using PD 14.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 15. 2016 09:14

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Yes - that's what the second part of the tutorial was about - after about 1:08 - embedding an image without using an external site.

Interesting that you're able to modify the image. Here, it doesn't matter what I do or where I click, the image cannot be resized or moved at all. Wonder what's causing it???

Cheers - Tony

Thanks for clarifying Tony. I went back and watched the second part of the video. How easy it is to miss a big blue button that stands out from the rest of the forum. embarassed

Definitely strange that the option exists for some and not others. Hopefully the issue can be diagnosed and resolved.

[Thumb - Text Nodes.jpg]
 Filename
Text Nodes.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
149 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
21 time(s)
[Thumb - Graphic Nodes.jpg]
 Filename
Graphic Nodes.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
146 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
19 time(s)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jun 15. 2016 09:16

Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi, Tony and Bouyscout!

Your discussion about dialogue bubbles started giving me some ideas on how to use these and have them follow the opbect on a timeline via the use of "Motion Tracker" but, Tony's experiences, "I made a new template containign a speech bubble and text - saved it - all good - went to modify it and BAM! Exactly as you've described. The graphic does not appear on its own track and is unselectable." Granted, Tony was working on a Windows 10 platform and I'm on Windows 7 Home Premium, but nonetheless, I'll hold off until an answer can be found to the problem is sorted.

A thought occurred to me as I write this, there could be a workaround but it involves using Microsoft Publisher which has a selection of shapes labelled "callouts", these shapes include several styles of thought or dialogue bubbles which can have text typed in, adjust the thickness of the bubble's border, add a colour, then copy and paste to Paint, or Paint.Net(if possible), save as a PNG transparency which can then be superimposed on stills or video clips and size/position adjusted in "modify". If you can't paste directly to Paint.Net, then paste to Paint, saving in bitmap or png, then import that to Paint.Net and create your png transparency that way. It's a drawn-out(pardon the pun) process but it might work!

Cheers!

Neil.

Hi, I should've included a reference to Microsoft Word, in the event that Publisher may not be on some people's computers. Having a quick look at Word shows the "callouts" are available there as well. It's simply a matter of creating the callout in Word(or Publisher, if you have it), adding in the desired text, copying it across to Paint(or, Paint.Net if that's possible), create your image for superimposition. Because you've added the text whilst creating the callout in Word/Publisher, that'll save having to create the text in Title Designer. You then just drop it into a PoP track and manipulate size, position, duration and any motion effect like you would any other superimposed image you'd insert.

It should be noted that Word and Publisher are usually included together in a "Microsoft Office" bundle, along with a bunch of other goodies, like Excel, Outlook, etc. But often needs to be seperately activated. Quite a few may not have any real use for Publisher but it is a great tool for creating titles that can be copied to Paint and then converted into transparencies through Paint.Net. I will soon create a step-by-step instruction for creation of titles in Publisher or word, so "watch this space!"

Cheers!

Neil.
[Post New]
Hi

"Hi, Tony and Bouyscout!

Your discussion about dialogue bubbles started giving me some ideas on how to use these and have them follow the opbect on a timeline via the use of "Motion Tracker" but, Tony's experiences, "I made a new template containign a speech bubble and text - saved it - all good - went to modify it and BAM! Exactly as you've described. The graphic does not appear on its own track and is unselectable." Granted, Tony was working on a Windows 10 platform and I'm on Windows 7 Home Premium, but nonetheless, I'll hold off until an answer can be found to the problem is sorted.

A thought occurred to me as I write this, there could be a workaround but it involves using Microsoft Publisher which has a selection of shapes labelled "callouts", these shapes include several styles of thought or dialogue bubbles which can have text typed in, adjust the thickness of the bubble's border, add a colour, then copy and paste to Paint, or Paint.Net(if possible), save as a PNG transparency which can then be superimposed on stills or video clips and size/position adjusted in "modify". If you can't paste directly to Paint.Net, then paste to Paint, saving in bitmap or png, then import that to Paint.Net and create your png transparency that way. It's a drawn-out(pardon the pun) process but it might work!

Cheers!

Neil."

I've been using powerpoint to create speech bubbles. If you right click on the speach bubble in PP then you get the option to 'save as an image' ... that way you save the step of working in MS Paint. The nice thing about PowerPoint is that you can choose where the speech spike on bubble starts from ... so you can change its lenght. Unfortunatly as soon as you save it as a picture it looses that capability which makes positioning into PowerDirector a bit hit and miss.

Tom

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 27. 2019 11:30

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Tom, this is an old thread, but if you are still looking for speech bubbles, Google is your friend (for this, anyway).
Do an image search in Google, and in tools specify Color=transparent and you'll be overwhelmed with selections.
This, of course, applies to any subject matter. I pinch many images/video from others! I give no apologies.
Damn formatting here is all wrong.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 27. 2019 10:05

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
..................Damn formatting here is all wrong.

Sorted.

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do