Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Orange exclamation mark on some of my library items using to edit
angela123
Senior Member Location: new york Joined: Nov 24, 2015 21:53 Messages: 233 Offline
[Post New]
My system keeps crashing, and coincidentally there are orange exclamation marks (or something like that) on many of the videos clips I am using in my movie. Anyone know what they mean? Thanks.
angela123
Senior Member Location: new york Joined: Nov 24, 2015 21:53 Messages: 233 Offline
[Post New]
Correction, the marks appear on my timeline, not in my library items.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Correction, the marks appear on my timeline, not in my library items.

Screenshot please! Show us what you have, entire interface.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 05. 2016 09:07

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Correction, the marks appear on my timeline, not in my library items.

It simply means you have applied some edit feature to that clip. It could be an Fx, color correction, ...., simply hoover your mouse over the orange mark and it will tell you what's applied.

Jeff
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I don’t see any orange exclamation mark on any of my clips. Waiting for a screenshot requested by Carl312. I see the character or letter i not ! on my timelines of PD.
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Angela,

Quote: My system keeps crashing
I'll leave the crashing issue to our many IT experts here, as perhaps your crashing issue may most likely a separate issue, unless your computer's recourses are maxed out by applying a large amount of Efx and Tools and FIx/Enhance.

Quote: ...and coincidentally there are orange exclamation marks (or something like that
I think you'll find upon closer examination, that the orange "explain mark" ("!") is instead a lower case "i" icon. And as JL_JL tried to explain, are simply indicators that you have applied anyone of PD,s many modifying effects/tools to particular clip/image in your timeline.

Hopefully, with more info on your part, our gracious computer savvy aficionados here, can to help you retrify your crashing issue.

Happy Editing i ,

______________________________________________________________________________________ Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
CS2014
Senior Contributor Location: USA-Eastern Time Zone Joined: Sep 16, 2014 16:44 Messages: 629 Offline
[Post New]
Hey angale123 maybe attaching a dxdiag (http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/45453.page - PART B) file in your next response might be a good idea. That'll help help those that can help with such.

The Screen Capture - PART E of that same link.

CS

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 06. 2016 08:23

PD13 Ultimate - Build 3516, WIN 8.1, 64 Bit, 16G RAM, Intel Core i5 4460, CPU @ 3.2GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GT720, Graphics Memory(total avail.)-4093MB
LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray Drive
angela123
[Post New]
JL JL Thanks! Yes, it is the videos which I have added special effects to which have the orange exclamation marks. CASE CLOSED.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
You may want to change the title to reflect the "case closed" .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.