Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How are folks making these amazing particles?
sticklady888 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 07, 2016 17:41 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I'm very new to PD14 and have made some videos using the free particle uploads from the DZ. Can someone please tell me how these are fancy particles are made? I've read the manual and watched a couple of YouTube videos that have taught me how to downlaod a pic from the internet to then be used to create my own particle. But this seems very limited.

Is there a software program that folks are using to make the very intricate, digital particles they are sharing with us on DZ (like the creator "Ma Mere, Ma Vie?")

Or, can these intricate particles simply be made using PowerDirector 14 Ultra itself?

Thank you so much for any info you may have!

Pam

[Post New]
Hi Sticklady888

You can download those particles and edit them or use the ones in Powerdirector to start with or create one from scratch. Go to the particle room (F6) and drag a particle to your timeline. Click on Modify (next to the Duration button) and this will open the Particle Designer. There you can create entirely new animations or alter the existing ones. Change the background, add particles and create motion paths to your heart's desire! There's loads of things to do in there. If you grab images you need from the net or are handy in a paint program, you can create your own particles, basicly images, then add them to your own creation(s).
So if you wanted a star field or fireworks effect you could draw a star, save the image and then import it as your particle and animate it, singularly or as a multitude of stars. Get in and play with it and you'll get the idea.

Have fun!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 04. 2016 08:47

Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 Mainboard : Intel i7 2700k @ 3.6ghz: 12 gb DDR3 Kingston ram:
2TB WD Black HD's: Asus GTX970 4gb ram: Windows 10 Pro 64bit:

sticklady888 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 07, 2016 17:41 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hi o0spyder0o,

Thanks for the feedback/info! I have been playing around with the "particle room," but I didn't think about creating some images in Paint.net first and then loading them into the particle room - thanks! I'll play around with that!

Happy Creating!

Pam