Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
CLHNServiceForPowerDVD.exe CLMSMonitorService.exe CLMSServerForPDVD11.exe PDVD11Serv.exe
[Post New]
I'm surprised I can't find answers to the 4 questions below. Any help here will be very much appreciated. (I think that PowerDVD is far too mysterious -- that's one of the major things that prevents me from upgrading.) Thanks for the help.

1, What does the "CLHNServiceForPowerDVD" service ('CLHNServiceForPowerDVD.exe') do?

2, What does the "CyberLink PowerDVD 11.0 Monitor Service" service ('CLMSMonitorService.exe') do?

3, What does the "CyberLink PowerDVD 11.0 Service" service ('CLMSServerForPDVD11.exe') do?

4, What does the "PowerDVD RC Service" service ('PDVD11Serv.exe') do?

I disabled all the services (via the Services MMC plugin for #1, #2, & #3, and via the registry for #4), then rebooted & confirmed that none of them were running. PowerDVD runs fine. I played DVDs and Blu-rays.

I got interested in this when I experienced sluggish Windows & network behavior and Sysinternals Process Monitor indicated that 'CLMSServerForPDVD11.exe' was thrashing the network.
[Post New]
It's been a week. 185 people have looked at this. No one has anything to contribute.

I guess that pretty much tells the story about obtaining any help with PowerDVD.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
[quote=markfilipak]It's been a week. 185 people have looked at this. No one has anything to contribute.

I guess that pretty much tells the story about obtaining any help with PowerDVD.[/quote]

Remembere that this is a users forum. This NOT Cyberlink Tech Support. If you want specifics about thow the program works, contact Tech Support.

I have used PowerDVD for many variations and years and never had anything "trash the network).

If you Google for those services, the responses you'l find all say they are safe but will not tell you what they do. bnut you can probably guess.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 08. 2016 13:17

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
[Post New]
Hi Steve,

I won't trouble you with my problems, and I don't want to be negative, but it's hard not to be negative regarding Cyberlink.

[quote=stevek]Remembere that this is a users forum. This NOT Cyberlink Tech Support.[/quote]

This is forum.cyberlink.com. I assume someone at Cyberlink is monitoring it. Cyberlink essentially has no meaningful tech support.

[quote=stevek]If you want specifics about thow the program works, contact Tech Support.[/quote]

They do not answer such questions. I once asked why PDVD reports 23.00 frames/sec and got no sensible answer back. The Cyberlink tech support people don't know anything. All I've ever gotten from them are canned responses that have no bearing on the problems I've had in the past.

[quote=stevek]I have used PowerDVD for many variations and years and never had anything "trash the network).[/quote]

"Thrash"... The word is "thrash". It means that 'CLMSServerForPDVD11.exe' is generating nearly continuous network traffic. Some people call it "churning". It supposedly is some sort of server, but what it's serving and why everything still works even after I've stopped all the services listed in the Subject line is a complete mystery to me.

[quote=stevek]If you Google for those services, the responses you'l find all say they are safe but will not tell you what they do. bnut you can probably guess.[/quote]

I shouldn't have to guess. It should be explained in a users' manual. I should have a user's manual, but Cyberlink doesn't provide users' manuals. Cyberlink is an incompetent company.

Edit: Just trying to get this rich text edtitor to work properly. Like everything else Cyberlink, this forum doesn't work right.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 08. 2016 13:47