Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Found a temporary file window
See2Dee [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 20, 2016 16:11 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Every time I start PowerDirector 14, I get a window that says " CyberLink PowerDirector found a temporary file that may be the project file automatically saved last time. Do you want to try and recover the project and open it?" (see attachment)

I have tried all manner of ways to get rid of this - saying 'yes' and saving the project under a new name, deleting all the source files that the project used (it still opens a project with something in the timeline), manually deleting all temp files via Preferences - all to no avail.

Can anyone provide a solution, without requiring that I reinstall the program?

Thanks
[Thumb - PowerDirector 14_temp file.jpg]
 Filename
PowerDirector 14_temp file.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
24 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
47 time(s)
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
See2Dee,
that message usually appears after an unexpected shutdown or crash of PowerDirector. This gives the user the ability to open a project where you have made some edits, and experienced a sudden unexpected shutdown/crash. You can open that backup file (it's a non-named backup) of the last project.
If you are saving projects as you say, and closing the program normally, this is indeed an error of some kind.
My suggestion is, as you might guess, a reinstall of PD.
Uninstall PD, reboot, clear temp files, reinstall.
Your statement about deleting source files and still having your timeline items, something to ponder. Not sure what THAT means. Is there a problem with a reinstall? HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
See2Dee [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 20, 2016 16:11 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Barry,

Thanks for the suggestions. So I uninstalled PD14 as well as the content packs (used IOBit Uninstaller), checked that there was no PD14 folder left under my CyberLink programs folder, then reinstalled all from scratch. But when I restarted PD14, the same message popped up.

For your interest, I've attached a screen capture of what happens when I deleting the temp files and deleting the clips used to create the problem project off my computer, i.e. so there is nothing visible in the media window.

Any other suggestions?

Regards,

Charles
[Thumb - PD14_Temp File Issue.jpg]
 Filename
PD14_Temp File Issue.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
101 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
40 time(s)
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Hi See2Dee

This was a long running thread on the subject. There may be something there to help

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/47936.page

Robert Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
So far as your screenshot is concerned. It looks like PD saved the temp file, but in the meantime you removed the source files from wherever they were when you did the original project.

generally, if you reload a project, PD needs the source files to be available in the original folder or you get black images in the timeline instead of video clips.

Robert

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 01. 2016 12:53

Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,