Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can I import video from footage firm?
drummer grl [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 13, 2008 08:10 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
I saw a link to this site www.footagefirm.com on see my world and I downloaded a free video but cannot open it in PD. It was a zip file, would that have anything to do with it? Sorry I do not have more info about this.
I am just looking for some nice stock video to put titles over.
Thanks Drummer grl
[Post New]
Before you start PD, using Windows Explorer, double click on the ZIP folder icon which will open the ZIP archive and show you the file icon for the footage.

Drag 'n drop that to another folder where you can find it and import it as media in PD. Then see if you have any better luck. I think you'll find you can move it to the timeline and use it.

Power Director and many other programs don't understand a ZIP archive, you always have to unZIP it. Fortunately Windows does this when you double click on it.

Anybody remember the old DOS days when we used PKZIP and PKUNZIP...Manually?
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Yes Bif,

Together with the world's friendliest prompt - the dot at the bottom of the black/green screen in dbase.

Not to mention GEM .

At least we still have our memories.

cheers
Adrian

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
drummer grl [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 13, 2008 08:10 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you that did the job!
drummer grl