Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Video capture cards supported by PD14
[Post New]
Can anyone recommend a video capture card that works with PowerDirector 14 (in capture menu) with HDMI input and analog input ?
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, and Guten Tag, Theolilou(my only other language is German).

I use a K-World capture card for analogue-to-digital conversion. I don't know about HDMI for this purpose as these devices usually feed the computer though the USB port. In any case, HDMI wasn't around in those dim, dark days of analogue video. I've not yet struck such a device that converts analogue to HDMI, but some smart dude, somewhere might invent one, but until then, its yellow RCA for Video, red & White RCA for left and right stereo audio, into a little device not much bigger than a matchbox, then via USB to computer, suck up all that old analogue stuff and start fiddling.... er.... editing!

Cheers, & Viel Gruss!

Neil.

P.S. A thought just occurred to me, I don't think there's a provision in capture mode for HDMI in any Power Director, Version 14 or earlier, but then I could be wrong.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 02. 2016 00:17

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hello, and Guten Tag, Theolilou(my only other language is German).

I use a K-World capture card for analogue-to-digital conversion. I don't know about HDMI for this purpose as these devices usually feed the computer though the USB port. In any case, HDMI wasn't around in those dim, dark days of analogue video. I've not yet struck such a device that converts analogue to HDMI, but some smart dude, somewhere might invent one, but until then, its yellow RCA for Video, red & White RCA for left and right stereo audio, into a little device not much bigger than a matchbox, then via USB to computer, suck up all that old analogue stuff and start fiddling.... er.... editing!
Cheers, & Viel Gruss!
Neil.
P.S. A thought just occurred to me, I don't think there's a provision in capture mode for HDMI in any Power Director, Version 14 or earlier, but then I could be wrong.
Neil,
You need to Google HDMI, clearly you're not familiar with the socket/plug/cable HDMI!

Or a HDMI Video Capture Interface Device
Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 02. 2016 03:46

Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Neil,
You need to Google HDMI, clearly you're not familiar with the socket/plug/cable HDMI!

Or a HDMI Video Capture Interface Device
Dafydd

Dafydd,

for a start, I honestly did not know of any capture devices which connect with computers via HDMI, and in any case, there are still quite a lot of computers out there that may not have such a connection, be they laptop or desktop(tower) systems. So I was going on the more univerally-available capyure devices which use USB ports to feed captured analogue content. I may look up these HDMI connections, I am aware of them and know they provide audio(left & right channel stereo) plus high definition video in one connection, but it gets back to what's more widely available. As yet I've not seen any of these HDMI Video Capture Interface devices, though I may stumble across one or two in my "travels". But for Theolilou's immediate needs, I suggested the more universally, and readily-available USB-based device.

Neil
MrMark [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Richmond, TX Joined: Nov 26, 2016 11:36 Messages: 39 Offline
[Post New]
It seems like every post on supported capture devices gets derailed somehow. Are there any analog capture devices that are known to work with PowerDirector? I bought PowerDirector 15, so it would be nice to kow what works with that versions too.

-Mark --
-Mark
Cable Solutions

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I use a Hauppauge device. It's also a TV tuner but costs more than most. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I posted these a while ago

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/50497.page#265509

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/50791.page#post_box_266774

Not a list, but I've tried many devices over the years and, for simple grabbing from an anologue source - no bells and whistles, I've tried several variants of this type with little/no problems.

Cheers

Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.