Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cyberlink PowerDVD cannot play this content because it is corrupted.
Fadl [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 28, 2016 14:31 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all!

Im sorry if I posted in the wrong section or if this has already been solved, but Im trying to play the Star Wars saga in Blu Ray on my laptop. The star wars blu rays discs are from 2015 (The darth vader packaging -Here)

I have the PowerDVD 15 version and I have a external blu ray drive, although I acknowledge its a old model (I think), but does this matter? see here

These are the only Blu Ray movies that I have, every disc I put in, A New Hope, Empire, etc. it does the same thing, it says its loading the movie and then it suddently pops the error message: Cyberlink PowerDVD cannot play this content because it is corrupted. I dont think there is anything wrong with the discs I mean they are brand new.

I donwloaded the BD and 3D advisor from your site and ran it when the external drive was plugged in, it says I passed everything.

Can anyone help out?

Thank you very much
Hicham_B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Jun 09, 2015 04:02 Messages: 1347 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Fadl,

Possible Solution:
1. Update your software
2. Delete the cache file under user's appdata:
C:\Users\(USER_NAME)\AppData\Local\CyberLink\PowerDVD15\cache
3. Reinstall PDVD without keeping user settings

If those 3 methods have not helped, please submit a customer support ticket.

Greetings,
Hicham
Technical support:
EN: https://www.cyberlink.com/support/contact-support.jsp
DE: https://de.cyberlink.com/support/contact-support.jsp
FR: https://fr.cyberlink.com/support/contact-support.jsp
ES: https://es.cyberlink.com/support/contact-support.jsp
Lisa16 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 27, 2016 07:05 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi all!

Im sorry if I posted in the wrong section or if this has already been solved, but Im trying to play the Star Wars saga in Blu Ray on my laptop. The star wars blu rays discs are from 2015 (The darth vader packaging -Here)

I have the PowerDVD 15 version and I have a external blu ray drive, although I acknowledge its a old model (I think), but does this matter? see here

These are the only Blu Ray movies that I have, every disc I put in, A New Hope, Empire, etc. it does the same thing, it says its loading the movie and then it suddently pops the error message: Cyberlink PowerDVD cannot play this content because it is corrupted. I dont think there is anything wrong with the discs I mean they are brand new.

I donwloaded the BD and 3D advisor from your site and ran it when the external drive was plugged in, it says I passed everything.

Can anyone help out?

Thank you very much
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Lisa 16 : Did I miss something in your post. It seems to be a copy of the first post in this thread. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Lisa16 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 27, 2016 07:05 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Lisa 16 : Did I miss something in your post. It seems to be a copy of the first post in this thread.

yep. Im a newbi.... but I managed to fix my problem. I went into the firewall and clicked on the tick to say it was ok. It worked fine after that. So thanks anyway.
S I Gates [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 03, 2018 02:43 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
After many fails I reasoned the situation down to this: The content of the Blu Ray disk is not corrupt nor is it the program. The problem is no more than updates have not be successfully installed. However in order to have successful installation your Java must be updated first and through Internet Explorer not Google. Even if you updated your video card you will still get the same message but be sure to first have your video card updated to the latest version to ensure things to go smoothly. To begin your Cyberlink update go into Control Panel to Programs. The version will be listed to the right of your program which is needed to determined which update to download from Cyberlink. After this update is done, the other updates will come through by clicking on the update square in the bottom left corner of the BD Advisor and by clicking on the little popup that occurs in the bottom right of your screen when a movie is being played informing you of a smoother experience is being missed out on if you do not update. After all updates are done, restart and everything should play fine. Good luck.