Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
MKV Show Information Greyed Out
Mele [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 03, 2013 12:38 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Playing MKV right click context menu show information is greyed out. Can someone else confirm there having this issue playing MKV's, was working in v15....Thanks.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 25. 2016 20:03

Jones84 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 09, 2007 22:19 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same issue so far with any file playback and not limited to MKV files. Need to test it with blu-ray in a min
Mele [Avatar]
[Post New]
Its there, play a mkv, right click settings, left side click information. Don't know if its a coding issue that the context menu functionality is not working.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Where did you get the mkv files? What format is used in the mkv file?

The program should see and play the videos look here:

http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdvd-ultra/compare-versions_en_US.html

Does your computer meet or exceed all the requirements given here:

http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdvd-ultra/spec-ultra_en_US.html

Just as a test, dowmload and run either VLC and/or DivX player to see if they play the files.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 10. 2016 08:25

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Jones84 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ok after testing the show information will only be clickable in the right click menu when playing a blu-ray disk.

When playing back a file from HDD wether it be MKV, TS, MT2S, it will not be a option that can be clicked on and grayed out.

If you turn on show information when playing back a blu-ray disk the information will be shown when playing a file back from HDD but can not disable it so you will be stuck with it and will remain on even after closing the program and the only way to disable it is put in a blu-ray disk and then play the blu-ray and then disable the show information.

I must admit I not checked the options menu directly and need to see if you can turn it on and off when playing a file back on HDD. It's either a bug (most certainly is) or cyberlink felt that the show information changing it when watching from a file on HDD did not need the user to change it at will.
Mele [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Where did you get the mkv files? What format is used in the mkv file?

The program should see and play the videos look here:

http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdvd-ultra/compare-versions_en_US.html

Does your computer meet or exceed all the requirements given here:

http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdvd-ultra/spec-ultra_en_US.html

Just as a test, dowmload and run either VLC and/or DivX player to see if they play the files.

You misunderstood the topic of this thread, file playing is not the issue. The issue is that you cannot right click and get information on the file thats playing. You have to go into settings and click information to get the video and audio information of the file. Now as I stated PowerDVD 15 does not have this issue, I believe PowerDVD 16 either was coded wrong on this functionality or it was intentional. Now if it was intentional they should really reverse that coding and bring back the right click functionality that was coded correctly in PowerDVD 15.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 20. 2016 15:49

Matzix [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 13, 2008 11:12 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote If you turn on show information when playing back a blu-ray disk the information will be shown when playing a file back from HDD but can not disable it so you will be stuck with it and will remain on even after closing the program and the only way to disable it is put in a blu-ray disk and then play the blu-ray and then disable the show information.

Thank you very much! It's the same here on a fresh Win10 installation. Are there any news on how how to toggle "show informations" without having to insert a Blu-Ray disc? Has someone already reported this bug to Cyberlink?
Jones84 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote If you turn on show information when playing back a blu-ray disk the information will be shown when playing a file back from HDD but can not disable it so you will be stuck with it and will remain on even after closing the program and the only way to disable it is put in a blu-ray disk and then play the blu-ray and then disable the show information.

Thank you very much! It's the same here on a fresh Win10 installation. Are there any news on how how to toggle "show informations" without having to insert a Blu-Ray disc? Has someone already reported this bug to Cyberlink?

This for me has been fixed for a few months now. I got the latest build of powerdvd installed.

Correction I am on 2011. I Just saw the new build released yesterday after this post. I missed that one. Will find out if its broken again or not with 2406.

Just tested 2406 can still select show info and deselect it on a MKV file with right click now without going into a blu-ray to get the info up.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 20. 2017 16:52

Matzix [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 13, 2008 11:12 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you very much, Jones84.

I also missed the new build from yesterday. It doesn't change anything for me, as it didn't work with build 2011 and does not with the current build 2406, either.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 20. 2017 17:08

Bogdan_D [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Mar 30, 2014 12:49 Messages: 167 Offline
[Post New]
When you simply open PowerDVD, why all the shadows (Windows Aero) disappear? This is an old bug and unfortunately no one is talking about it.