Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Possible Bug with "Fade" Transition
hotrodsniper [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 18, 2016 21:10 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Not sure if it's a bug or just me, anyway, i have 4 clips at the very end of a short video, each clip is assigned to each corner of the screen, i applied the "fade" transition to ALL 4 clips (to create the effect of the screen fading to black at the end of the video) however, 2 clips work correctly and fade to black but the other 2 clips have the reverse effect.

During the middle of the clip while it is playing (at the start of the "fade") their screens go black and fades into the video (then all the sudden black of course because the clip ended)

I have found a way around this but it requires alot more steps and is just really annoying to be honest. Anyone else have this problem?
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Not sure if it's a bug or just me, anyway, i have 4 clips at the very end of a short video, each clip is assigned to each corner of the screen, i applied the "fade" transition to ALL 4 clips (to create the effect of the screen fading to black at the end of the video) however, 2 clips work correctly and fade to black but the other 2 clips have the reverse effect.

During the middle of the clip while it is playing (at the start of the "fade") their screens go black and fades into the video (then all the sudden black of course because the clip ended)

I have found a way around this but it requires alot more steps and is just really annoying to be honest. Anyone else have this problem?

Mine appears ok, at least right now, if the pic is similar to what you have done.

This fade reverse issue has been with PD for several releases, intermittently. You might try to just save, close PD, and reopen project again. That has corrected some occurrences of the issue.

Jeff
[Thumb - PD14_fade.png]
 Filename
PD14_fade.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
516 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
27 time(s)
hotrodsniper [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 18, 2016 21:10 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Yep, that is the exact setup i have. I have not tried restarting PD yet, thanks for the suggestion.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
When using simple FADES it is my practice to avoid the transition room and use MODIFY to enable opacity fades instead.
This requires however, that for fading into (or out of) the next clip that the 2 clips be on different timelines, slightly overlapping matching the fade in/out keypoints. It just works better, in my opinion. You can keep clips on the same track if you desire fade to black, fade from black. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT