Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Avi sound capture issue
[Post New]
Hi

In capture mode, using the pinnacle 510-USB capture device to convert Vhs to Digital, i use avi format to capture.

The device appears in webcam capture tab and I select AVI capture.

After few seconds of capture there is synchronisation issue between audio and video. After 2 hours recording there is 15mn gap.

Is it related to my capture device or is it PD14 issue ? My computer is new with high capabilities.

Note that others compression formats cannot be use in PD14 due to incompatbility with pinnacle 510-USB capture device >>no sound.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/24382.page
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi

In capture mode, using the pinnacle 510-USB capture device to convert Vhs to Digital, i use avi format to capture.

The device appears in webcam capture tab and I select AVI capture.

After few seconds of capture there is synchronisation issue between audio and video. After 2 hours recording there is 15mn gap.

Is it related to my capture device or is it PD14 issue ? My computer is new with high capabilities.

Note that others compression formats cannot be use in PD14 due to incompatbility with pinnacle 510-USB capture device >>no sound.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/24382.page
In Powerdirector's Capture module, the webcam is without audio.

You should use a different input or use the software that came with your capture device.

If you use the software for the capture device you can Import the video into Powerdirector for editing.

. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

[Post New]
Thank you Carl

But as I explain I have audio.

My issue is that audio is not synchronised.

When you are in webcam capture tab you can select your audio source.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 17. 2016 14:31

Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Thank you Carl

Hello, Theolilou!, In respect of that last sentence in your reply to Carl312, I'd suggest that you bypass the audio on the capture device and feed the audio via your computer's stereo line-in connection and allow the inbuilt audio processor to handle the audio, until such time as you acquire a capture device that will do the job properly for you.

Cheers!

Neil
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Thank you Carl

I get a feeling this is getting a double post, but what I suggested, Theolilou, is to bypass your capture device's audio input and feed the audio direct to your computer's line-in connection. That might also help with your audio/video sync problem.

Cheers!

Neil

Yep!

Sure enough, this got double-posted, no matter, I got my point across.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 17. 2016 21:28

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: My issue is that audio is not synchronised.

You have made several posts about the audio issues. Unless you spend more money to get a professional TBC analog capture or a different capture card then the best may be to work with what you have. I would think that using the supplied Pinnacle Studio software to do the capture is the best way. If you find that the video and audio are unsynced then 1/4 sec. audio lead which is constant is what I find in the past with Pinnacle Studio and a Pinnacle capture card using a method similar to Neil's. That is easily fixed in PD. Just unlink the audio and move it to the right on the timeline.
[Post New]
Thank you for your advice. I will try this way.