Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Intel Quick Sync resolution
[Post New]
Hi everybody

Do you know how the system selects the resolution and compression that are available for Intel Quick Sync option ?

Thank you

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 15. 2016 13:25

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi everybody

Do you know how the system selects the resolution and compression that are available for Intel Quick Sync option ?

Previously you said that you had your 970m working perfectly, if so, no QS when using Nvidia. Post a pic of your "About Powerdirector" so one can see what GPU you are currently using.

Jeff
[Post New]
JL_JL

I can select the graphic card that I want when I startPD14.

My question is how PD14 manages the rendering format available for the intel quick sync encoder.

Not all resolution are available for intel quick sync. Why ?Is it in regedit or in some .Dll ?
[Thumb - Capture power.PNG]
 Filename
Capture power.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
144 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
25 time(s)
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I can select the graphic card that I want when I startPD14.

My question is how PD14 manages the rendering format available for the intel quick sync encoder.

Not all resolution are available for intel quick sync. Why ?Is it in regedit or in some .Dll ?

Yes, I realize, since you are currently using your 970m, QS formats wouldn't be available anyhow, hence my question. Attach pic shows Intel GPU SDK supported encoders. PD can pick and choose what to support. If parameters outside range of encoder, it will at times modify range to acceptable values, for instance bitrate. I know previously on Nvidia hardware encoding CL had issues with functionality of some standard formats and disabled in several versions to resolve.

I have never seen a definitive list from CL on all format and options exposed for any hardware encoder, just personal and various user feedback on the forums to see when applicable.

Later iGPU picked up 265 support.

Jeff
[Thumb - PD14_IntelSDK.png]
 Filename
PD14_IntelSDK.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
27 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
28 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 15. 2016 14:33