Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
missing fonts on reinstall
bkp [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 14, 2014 19:26 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Hi guys,

I recently had to reinstall my windows 7 OS, and so had to reinstall my PowerDirector 13 Ultimate program as well. Everything seemed to go ok, except that I am missing some fonts in titles. I am assuming that I had some enhanced features in the content packs essential and premium, but they don't seem to have reinstalled successfully. Any ideas? Can I get those enhanced features somewhere else? I don't see them in support, and am waiting for a response from them. Does PD14 come with the expanded font list? thanks
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi bkp -

Are you perhaps referring to the fonts named with the AR prefix? These were installed with earlier versions of PDR. Not sure if that's still the case.

""

If so, they're zipped & attached & can be installed by double clicking each one... or right click > install... or drop in C:\Windows\Fonts

If not, which fonts were they?

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
AR Fonts.zip
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
734 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
326 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
bkp [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the quick response Tony. The font I am looking for is called Matura MT, and was perfect for some yoga videos I am working on. The AR fonts are missing as well, so I have a much smaller font list now, so I guess the question is why didn't the more complete list install? I actually did the reinstall from the original factory PD12 discs, then the PD13 Ultimate disc that I made from a download as backup. I don't know a lot about fonts, but it sounds like you are saying that if I install new fonts into Windows, that they will be available in PD? thanks,

Brian
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
When you did your OS reinstallation, your previous C:\Windows\Fonts folder would have been replaced. Any extra fonts you had installed would have been deleted in the process.

Yes - whatever fonts you install in Windows should be available in PDR.

Matura MT is a free font. You can download & install it easily - http://ufonts.com/download/matura-mt-script-capitals/30244.html

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
bkp [Avatar]
[Post New]
So I am not as ignorant as I was an hour ago. I thought that the fonts in PD had been supplied by PD. Turns out, I had not reinstalled Office yet, which I just did, and voila! My complete font list is back. A lesson for everyone about fonts. thanks again.