Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Activation key has exceeded limit
Mele [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 03, 2013 12:38 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Can admin here look into this. I contacted support and I have a ticket, I also uploaded requested screen shot of activation window with my key and the error it produced. Support has not gotten back to me nor reset my activation.

Here is my Ticket ID: CS001595358

Thanks in advance for your help.
Dannie321 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 27, 2015 13:37 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Deviant,

I have learned there is none of CL administration on this site but once in awhile they do read some of the posts and will respond. However be patient some of the contributors and senior contributors will provide you with some guidance very soon.

Regards,

Dannie321
Mele [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Deviant,

I have learned there is none of CL administration on this site but once in awhile they do read some of the posts and will respond. However be patient some of the contributors and senior contributors will provide you with some guidance very soon.

Regards,

Dannie321

Thanks I appreciate your response, I will wait patiently.
Michael [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 13, 2013 20:53 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I actually came here today because I'm having the same problem. I put a ticket in a week ago and have no responses of any kind.

Previously they have been pretty quick to respond.
Mele [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: I actually came here today because I'm having the same problem. I put a ticket in a week ago and have no responses of any kind.

Previously they have been pretty quick to respond.

Well they reset my activation.

My advice to you is to upload two screenshots, one of the activation window with your key and the other of the error window.

Next get your VS Code: cyberlink.com/support/free-voice-support.jsp

Now give them free call, they will ask you for VS code, let them know your issue and what you uploaded-attached to ticket.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 30. 2016 13:39

passingoutnails [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 30, 2016 02:15 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
This same thing happened to me with PowerDVD 13. I put in a Resolution Request explaining exactly as you'll did what occurred. The respondent pretended as though this was a new issue they had never heard of and asked me to send a screenshot of the "error" message. This is clearly not an "error message", as it has been programmed by the company and at the bottom of the message, it prompts me to upgrade to PowerDVD 16. This is simply unethical business practice. Nowhere, at anytime, does Cyberlink inform it's customers of the existence of installation limitations, hoping to give the impression that there are none. Then, when you refuse to upgrade to the newer versions, they wait for you to need to reinstall and simply block your ability to activate it. This leads to a long and stressful interaction with customer service that treats the issue as if they have no idea why it is happening, pretending to do some sort of "work" to figure out how to fix it. This is a common technique that ultimately increases the likelihood that you will just get desperate enough to watch a DVD/Bluray and refuse to settle for a lesser program and just pay the upgrade fee for the newest version. This company invested in a business model that requires us to buy updates to continue being profitable. Unfortunately, they invested in a technology that hasn't evolved (thus their is no evolution in their product) and are in an unfortunate position because premium 4K content creators don't want to support PC in an effort to protect their content. This prevents this company from genuinely offering any new features that users want, thus removing our need to update. This company is fully aware of exactly when, where and how you purchased your product from them, so the idea of providing proof of purchase is ridiculous. This company chooses to not inform its customers of activation limits, or create a system to manage installations, as every modern internet based subscription service would. This company is a subscription service masquerading as a one that offers "buy-once-and-your-done" products (as they have in the past).
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Does brexit mean anything to you?

I have never had any of the problems that you are experiencing.

How many times have you installed/reinstalled the program? Do you have any advice to the company on preventing pirating of the software?

Please, there is no need to repost your message several times; once is enough. It is long so not many people will read through it.

Bottom line - have you contacted tech support with the needed information? Remember Tech Support is not Sales Support and they have different manuals to use !

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 31. 2016 12:38

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.