Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 14 Searching for Particle/PIP Object
Ragged Jock [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Canada Joined: Jan 30, 2015 22:16 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
I am looking for some help from the community. I have Power Director 14 Ultimate Suite.

I am producing a video of some action skiing sequences and am interested in a particle/PIP Object that I have seen in a video on the Cyberlink website. The PIP Object is the HUD shown in the screen cap attached. It shows up in the Intro Video http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector-ultimate-suite/features_en_CA.html on the Power Director 14 page at around the .55 sec mark. I have been trying to find it within PD 14, but can't seem to. I would assume that when they show the capabilities of the softwarte that the video would be produced using everything available from within PD and not using outside sources for effects. This would seem logical, not to spice it up with other vendors !!!!! Does anyone know where the Object may be in the software, or if not where it can be found. I have seen many sites with similar HUD's but none quite like this this one which combines the circles with the speed etc.

Thank you
[Thumb - PD14 Screen cap.jpg]
 Filename
PD14 Screen cap.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
PD 14 Screen Cap
 Filesize
52 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
97 time(s)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Mar 22. 2016 11:13

Richmond Dan
Senior Contributor Location: Richmond, VA Joined: Aug 07, 2014 17:17 Messages: 673 Offline
[Post New]
What's a HUD? Regards,
Dan
Power Director 21-Ultimate
v 21.0.3111.0
XPS-8940, Win-10 64-bit,
Intel Core i9-10900 processor
(10 core, 20M Cache),
32GB DDR4 RAM, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVME SSD, 2TB 7200 RPM SATA HDD,
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
HUD = Heads Up Display - an "overlay" used in video gaming to show character status, time, speed etc. Don't worry Dan - I had to look it up! laughing

Ragged Jock - in Motion Tracker (that's what the video referred to at ~50 sec mark), you can use ANY graphic/video you wish to track the subject.

As you can see, it's either a video with alpha channel or an animation (probably the former)

That "HUD" with the circles, lines & speed display is not available in PDR's PiP Objects, nor anywhere within PDR. The tutorial maker has simply used an imported video to track the snowboarder.

The source of the alpha channel video/animation? It may have been made in (say) After Effects or purchased from a stock video site. I haven't come across it so far.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Ragged Jock [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you Tony for answering the HUD question for me.

I have been searching for the alpha overlay but seem to come up blank. There are many circles etc. at videohive and the like, but haven't come across the speed indicator and lines.

I may have to create the whole overlay from various bits and pieces to achieve a similar result.

I t does seem strange that they wouldn't produce a "Demo" video only showing there products and add-ons.

Thank you
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Share this video
http://youtu.be/hdsF7svxuqM
This stuff is everywhere. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Crabby! You've done it again.

When I first saw you green screen video suggestion I thought you'd need to go through a whole lot of convoluted stuff to get it to work with Motion Tracker.

Not so - though you have to do a bit of guess work lining it up with the tracker.

Once it's back in the timeline you can chroma key the green. 10 second sample attached.

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
Green Screen Target.wmv
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1787 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
352 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Nice demo, Tony, as usual. Those green screen sites/channels can be useful for all sorts of things.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 22. 2016 17:33

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Ragged Jock [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you to both Tony and Barry.

This will help me to get on the right track. I have seen the green screen effects in the past, and played with them a bit, but had hoped that maybe, the effect shown in the Cyberlink Demo video would be available as a complete overlay somewhere. Earlier tonight I created a rest video doing much the same as you did Tony. Works quite well, but as you have stated does take a bit of fiddling to line up the motion tracker. (Especially with a skier on snow)

Cheers