Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
UHD Bluray playback on PC using PowerDVD 15
nullack [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 29, 2010 04:09 Messages: 139 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I can definitely agree that more hardware may be required. I would be completely fine waiting for all these pieces to get sorted out, IF somebody on the PC side (AMD, Nvidia, Cyberlink, etc) would come forward and say they would work on it.

So I suppose we should just watch out and report it.

My GTX 960 mate already does HDMI 2/HDCP 2.2, it has native 10 bit full hardware decode engines (not some hybrid like older GPUs but full native decode acceleration) in *botb* HEVC and VP9

Using free open source software (they're killing you Cyberlink the FFMPEG based stuff actually works!!!!) I can do full hardwarde accelerated VP9 and HEVC in 10 bit, including 125 Mbps material at 60 FPS in 4K UHD resolution.

WIth lav filters, madVR and MPCHC/BE like Jeff Mentions I can do frame inteloperation for fixing any juddger with specific FPS content

Whats missing is the drivers for UHD discs being able to be read, and the software to crack all the DRM. Sadly, Slysoft were bulled out by the media carterls and we need a new group to front up and demonstrate a way to defeat UHD DRM. Once thats done, eveything else is available ENTIRELY FOR FREE AND JUST WORKS and is ready to go now right now.
Jeff R 1 [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Jan 09, 2010 14:05 Messages: 176 Offline
[Post New]
AMD is coming out with Polaris too, looks impressive _ HDMI 2.0a and DP 1.3 _ doesn't say HDCP 2.2, but that's a given as it's one of the specs for DP 1.3.

http://wccftech.com/amd-unveils-polaris-11-10-gpu/

With this and Cyberlink there should be AMD Smooth Motion at 2160p