Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
***** PowerDirector 14 patch (v2707) **** 2016-03-14
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
My desktop computer does not have integrated graphics and another PCI-E Graphics card. The only graphics card I have is the NVidia GTX660, so there is no conflict there.

Every i7-4770 version CPU has a integrated Intel HD Graphics 4600 GPU as part of the CPU. So yes, you have one, if you use it or not is up to you.

Quote: Let it be noted that the workaround states that the side effect the workaround is attempting to solve for is: "The preview window becomes a black screen during previewing when hardware decoding is enabled". This is not the behavior I am experiencing.

That's not what the workaround is trying to solve, that is the shortfall of the workaround. The workaround solves switchable graphics for such platforms that support it.

Quote: My problem is that with the latest patch, upon attempting to open the "Full Featured Editor", I experience a hard crash. I can't get to a point of using the software to see any odd behaviors other than the crash itself. I have sent crash files to Cyberlink, but not received a response yet.

If that hard crash is really from the patch, I think your correct path would be to work with CL support. I doubt you will every get a response from simply returning the CL crash data, CL support https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do

Again, can you describe what you mean by "I had done the nVideo GPU optimization", what optimization describe approach, or by chance do you simply mean installation? Understanding what you've done key to identifying if maybe a simple solution is available for you.

Jeff
Angel Fire Hamons [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Angel Fire, NM Joined: Dec 04, 2013 20:24 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
While it may be true that the Intel Graphics chipset is included with the i7-4770, in my particular situation with an Acer Predator AG3-605-UR22, that has been disabled by the manufacturer, and cannot be enabled without hacking the BIOS. Therefore, I believe it is safe to make the assumption that the integrated graphics are a non-issue. There is no place in any settings, whether at the device manager level, within the graphics subsystem, or the PowerDirector application to select Intel graphics as an option.

As for the second part, considering what I just wrote above, there are no "switchable graphics" on the system.

I do have a ticket with Cyberlink support, but it has not been answered yet. That is why I was attempting this venue for additional insights. So far, it appears that I am the only person who is really experiencing a hard crash with the latest update, so my best solution may be to uninstall / reinstall and only go to the previous patch revision, unless I hear otherwise from Cyberlink Support.

Still on the road, so very limited in what I can do right now. I was able to remote into my PC and pull the device manager info to show the graphics card information, attached.

[Thumb - DeviceManager.JPG]
 Filename
DeviceManager.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
190 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
137 time(s)
Richmond Dan
Senior Contributor Location: Richmond, VA Joined: Aug 07, 2014 17:17 Messages: 673 Offline
[Post New]
Good that you opened a ticket with CL support. As Jeff said, crash reports (I believe) just go into a database for CL troubleshooters and don't usually generate an individual response. I've had good results with CL support, but they can be slow on turnaround time. Regards,
Dan
Power Director 21-Ultimate
v 21.0.3111.0
XPS-8940, Win-10 64-bit,
Intel Core i9-10900 processor
(10 core, 20M Cache),
32GB DDR4 RAM, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVME SSD, 2TB 7200 RPM SATA HDD,
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
don carlos [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 10, 2012 09:04 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
PD14 can't process MOV without sound.
The software keeps crashing when you try to save the project.
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: Gtx660 is nvidia so this should apply. Why not?

Yes, a GTX660 not a 660m.

Since you think the approach is applicable, post some proof, lets see a pic of switchable graphics contextual menu functional on a desktop GTX660 (or any other desktop Nvidia GPU) with the mods you suggested. I'd like to see that.

Jeff

Sorry Jeff, I miss the point. You are absolutely right. The tip is not applicable.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
New patch released today, http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/48459.page#253691
Dafydd