Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
***** PowerDirector 14 patch (v2707) **** 2016-03-14
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
CyberLink information release.

Build Info:
Version: PowerDirector 14
Build number: 14.0.2707
SR number: VDE160307-04

Software Update Page:
ENU: http://www.cyberlink.com/support/powerdirector-ultra/patches_en_US.html
CHT: http://tw.cyberlink.com/support/powerdirector-ultra/patches_zh_TW.html
CHS: http://cn.cyberlink.com/support/powerdirector-ultra/patches_zh_CN.html
JPN: http://jp.cyberlink.com/support/powerdirector-ultra/patches_ja_JP.html
DEU: http://de.cyberlink.com/support/powerdirector-ultra/patches_de_DE.html
ITA: http://it.cyberlink.com/support/powerdirector-ultra/patches_it_IT.html
ESP: http://es.cyberlink.com/support/powerdirector-ultra/patches_es_ES.html
FRA: http://fr.cyberlink.com/support/powerdirector-ultra/patches_fr_FR.html
KOR: http://kr.cyberlink.com/support/powerdirector-ultra/patches_ko_KR.html

Release note:
Patch Instruction
Updates PowerDirector 14 to build 2707
Install this patch update enhances the program stability.
Note: This patch is not for PowerDirector Live subscribers.

• Fixes the crash issue encountered intermittently after applying patch v2527.
  • Adds support for 360 degree PiP rotation in a single keyframe.
  • Enhances the program performance when generating shadow files.
  • Enhances the compatibility of AVI and MOV video as a source video in Windows 10.
  • Enhance the stability of Title/PiP/Particle designer.
  • Enhance the stability of Desktop Capture.
  • Enhances software performance when previewing video clips with speed adjustment applied.
  • Fixes the issue that SVRT doesn't work on MOV videos.
  • Fixes the issues when upload video to Facebook and Youtube.
  • Fixes the crash issue encountered when applying a color preset in the Action Camera Center.
  • Fixes the crash issue encountered when using the Fish Eye effect to produce a 4:3 HD, Full-HD or 4K WMV video.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 16. 2016 04:15

don carlos [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 10, 2012 09:04 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
Installed the patch.
Still the same problem. Crash at end of save (100% shows and then crash).
Can edit project but not save it.
Richmond Dan
Senior Contributor Location: Richmond, VA Joined: Aug 07, 2014 17:17 Messages: 673 Offline
[Post New]
Well, it didn't solve my problem with intermittent audio on MOV files, but then again there's no reason it should have. I was just hoping...and still working with tech support to resolve the problem. Regards,
Dan
Power Director 21-Ultimate
v 21.0.3111.0
XPS-8940, Win-10 64-bit,
Intel Core i9-10900 processor
(10 core, 20M Cache),
32GB DDR4 RAM, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVME SSD, 2TB 7200 RPM SATA HDD,
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
don carlos [Avatar]
[Post New]
I try to work with some MOVs without audio part. I can edit but never save. Intermittent audio on MOV seems definitely to be the problem.
1030PaulHarvey [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 16, 2015 15:32 Messages: 36 Offline
[Post New]
Hello. I installed this patch yesterday (March 14) and ever since, editing in PD14 has been horrible. I've done four projects so far. The first project went OK, but editing the other three was like working in mud. Everything I do suffers a five to ten second delay before it starts or is completed. For example, after clicking 'Play' it takes about six seconds to start. Then, after a few seconds of play, it stops completely for about ten seconds before it continues. This happens no matter which preview quality I use.

Switching from Edit to Produce takes at least ten seconds. Splitting a clip takes about five seconds.

I am not editing 4k and none of this ever happened before I installed the patch.

Did the patch change some settings that I can change back? Or can I uninstall the patch to get my old version back?

Windows 7 Professional.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Paul Harvey
[Post New]
Looking at your comments. I will wait few days or weeks before installing this release...
StevenB2002 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 15, 2016 15:22 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Installed patch and now I have an 'echo' on every audio clip. I can not find any way to turn it off. It is super annoying and i have a deadline on a project. I've used Powerdirector for years but am getting so frustrated with their lack of support. I can not find any answers!!!!!!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Installed the patch.
Still the same problem. Crash at end of save (100% shows and then crash).
Can edit project but not save it.

A suggestion:

1. Add your email address to the Crash Report and send the crash report back.

2. Contact CyberLink online support & provide

2-1. DxDiag, see Part B in the guides at the start of the forum.

2-2. The email addressed used to fill in the Crash Report
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hello. I installed this patch yesterday (March 14) and ever since, editing in PD14 has been horrible. I've done four projects so far. The first project went OK, but editing the other three was like working in mud. Everything I do suffers a five to ten second delay before it starts or is completed. For example, after clicking 'Play' it takes about six seconds to start. Then, after a few seconds of play, it stops completely for about ten seconds before it continues. This happens no matter which preview quality I use.
Switching from Edit to Produce takes at least ten seconds. Splitting a clip takes about five seconds.
I am not editing 4k and none of this ever happened before I installed the patch.
Did the patch change some settings that I can change back? Or can I uninstall the patch to get my old version back?
Windows 7 Professional.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Paul Harvey

A suggestion, Contact CL tech support and provide the info

1. DxDiag

2. Snapshot of the whole editing room after opening the project

3. Snapshot of Preferences->General, Preferences->Display, Preferences->Hardware Acceleration

4. Use the screen recorder to record a short video to show the symptom. If you can upload the info to your personal cloud and share the files to CyberLink. Or after contacting CyberLink support, they'll provide an ftp site to upload the required info.
don carlos [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have sent dozens of crash reports already with my email
webservices@ccomg.com

1030PaulHarvey [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:

A suggestion, Contact CL tech support and provide the info

1. DxDiag

2. Snapshot of the whole editing room after opening the project

3. Snapshot of Preferences->General, Preferences->Display, Preferences->Hardware Acceleration

4. Use the screen recorder to record a short video to show the symptom. If you can upload the info to your personal cloud and share the files to CyberLink. Or after contacting CyberLink support, they'll provide an ftp site to upload the required info.

Thank you for the quick response, I'll give it a shot.

Paul Harvey
gregma [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 16, 2016 09:59 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
do NOT install this patch.

I happily bought PD14 last month running on my Windows10 computer. I am importing AVI.

All has been fine, but then I installed this patch. Now the audio is garbled just for music. It plays a bit slower and garbled, although video looks fine. And dialogue sounds fine in the same track.

I had to re-install PD14 from DVD disk and now it works fine again. I will NOT be installing a patch anytime soon.
1030PaulHarvey [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: do NOT install this patch.

I happily bought PD14 last month running on my Windows10 computer. I am importing AVI.

All has been fine, but then I installed this patch. Now the audio is garbled just for music. It plays a bit slower and garbled, although video looks fine. And dialogue sounds fine in the same track.

I had to re-install PD14 from DVD disk and now it works fine again. I will NOT be installing a patch anytime soon.

Did you have to uninstall before reinstalling? Did you have to enter you CD key & serial number again?

Thanks,

PaulHarvey
gregma [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 16, 2016 09:59 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, uninstall, reinstall, enter code. It worked fine. Install patch, audio issue. Uninstall, reinstall again. All is good. No patch!
[Post New]
can you confirm the version you are running now ?
1030PaulHarvey [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: can you confirm the version you are running now ?

Paul Harvey
[Post New]
Do you know what is the effect they are talking about ? Where is the Fish Eye effect ?

Fixes the crash issue encountered when using the Fish Eye effect to produce a 4:3 HD, Full-HD or 4K WMV video.
jamesd1981 [Avatar]
Member Location: kilmarnock Joined: May 19, 2014 04:38 Messages: 78 Offline
[Post New]
I have also had this problem with PD14 crashing after updating to 7207.

However in my case I tracked the problem to being caused by some problem/conflict with Nvidia`s last couple of drivers

I kept getting the crash in PD14, tried everything like clean install, add more ram and still kept happening

So I took my video`s on to my other pc which is a very similar spec except for the Nvidia card and found that PD14 worked fine

So I then came back on to my main pc and tried again and still kept crashing, so I uninstalled all Nvidia software & drivers then ran PD14 and it ran perfect again

So after trying some different drivers, I found the last Nvidia driver that I could use without getting crashes was version 359.06

This may not help those of you with another brand of card, but for those with a Nvidia card, it maybe worth a try.
[Post New]
Thank you James for your feedback. It is very helpful.

what is you pc configuration ? do you use Windows 10? what is your GPU model?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 21. 2016 02:13

1030PaulHarvey [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: I have also had this problem with PD14 crashing after updating to 7207.

However in my case I tracked the problem to being caused by some problem/conflict with Nvidia`s last couple of drivers

I kept getting the crash in PD14, tried everything like clean install, add more ram and still kept happening

So I took my video`s on to my other pc which is a very similar spec except for the Nvidia card and found that PD14 worked fine

So I then came back on to my main pc and tried again and still kept crashing, so I uninstalled all Nvidia software & drivers then ran PD14 and it ran perfect again

So after trying some different drivers, I found the last Nvidia driver that I could use without getting crashes was version 359.06

This may not help those of you with another brand of card, but for those with a Nvidia card, it maybe worth a try.

Thanks James. I checked with Nvidia and found the latest driver for my card is 341.95. I just installed it but it made no difference. Doesn't matter though. Powerdirector ran fine with my old driver (241.81). Nothing went wrong until I installed the patch. Thanks for helping anyway; hopefully your info will help others!

Paul