Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Dolby Atmos playing as Dolby Digital
Mollyoo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 11, 2016 00:33 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
When I play an iso with Dolby atmos in Poweredvd and bitstream using HDMI to my Yamahan receiver RX A1050 it shows up as Dolby Digital. I am using a HTPC intel NUC i3 (haswell with all drivers updated). when I play the same iso on my laptop using Media Player Home theatre and connect it using HDMI the receiver shows Dolby Atmos. I can't work out why I can't get atmos through my HTPC & powerdvd.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
I hate even to bring this up. You MIGHT find this long drawn out thread informative:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/43404.page

Where did you see that PowerDVD 15 had atmos functionality? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Mollyoo [Avatar]
[Post New]
I know Powerdvd 15 does not have atmos functionality. What I did say in my post that it passes the audio to my atmos capable receiver which then processes the audio. I can get this to work on my laptop but not on my HTPC with powerdvd. What I think may be happening is that it is playing the ac3 track not the atmos track when playing through powerdvd
CaptainMarko1
Newbie Location: Edmonton Joined: Mar 16, 2016 13:10 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
If you don't mind, what software exactly allows you to bitstream Dolby Atmos from your laptop to your amplifier? Does the amplifier confirm it is receiving Atmos?
Simon P [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 05, 2014 07:46 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: If you don't mind, what software exactly allows you to bitstream Dolby Atmos from your laptop to your amplifier? Does the amplifier confirm it is receiving Atmos?

It definitely works with PowerDVD 14 but I haven't installed PowerDVD 15 yet so I can't check it.

Daft question, you do have the "Non-decoded high definition audio" output option set in PowerDVD set? otherwise it will only output Dolby Digital or LPCM. TV - Samsung UE55F6670
Sound - Yamaha RX-A2040/4x B&W DM602 S3/2x B&W DM601 S3/B&W LCR60 S3 Centre/B&W ASW1000 Sub/2x Onkyo SKH-410
HTPC - Gigabyte EP35 DS3 v2.1/E8400@3.00/4GB Crucial Ballistix/Sapphire R7 250X 1GB DDR5/PowerDVD 14
Mollyoo [Avatar]
[Post New]
I do have Powerdvd 15 set to "Non-decoded high definition audio". I am at a loss to know what is wrong but I think it is to do with my HTPC. Powerdvd 15 will stream the atmos audio to the receiver which the display varies between Dolby EX and Dobly digital. With Media Player Home Theatre on my Laptop Atmos is displayed on the receiver. I have since installed Media Home theatre on my HTPC and it doesn't stream the atmos track. Receiver displays LPCM so I conclude it must be my HTPC that is the problem.
[Post New]
Quote: Where did you see that PowerDVD 15 had atmos functionality?
Ever heard of bitstreaming? Format doesn't matter then.

To the OP, have you tried the Cyberlink Advisor to see if it detects something wrong?

http://www.cyberlink.com/stat/bd-support/enu/index.jsp
[Post New]
^^ That was me just above, wrong account. My collection: http://www.blu-ray.com/community/collection.php?u=194008&action=showcategory&category=1&categoryid=7