Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
HDDVD
Nigel62 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Southampton Joined: May 25, 2009 09:06 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I do wish they would reinstall HDDVD playback. I really don't know why thay took it out.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I do wish they would reinstall HDDVD playback. I really don't know why thay took it out.

I believe this thread is to report issues with the forum's performance - slow, missing posts, etc.

When was the last time you could buy a HDDVD? Didn't they become obsolete about 8 years ago? If you want to discuss this, do so in one of the other froums -PowerDVD ?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 10. 2016 09:03

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Simon P [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 05, 2014 07:46 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I do wish they would reinstall HDDVD playback. I really don't know why thay took it out.

It was taken out because HD DVD lost the format war and ,yes, I backed the wrong format.

My solution to playing back my large collection of HD DVD's was to convert them to MKV files using MakeMKV (MakeMKV can read HD DVD disks in a Blu-ray drive) and play them back with MPC HC. PowerDVD will play the MKV files but doesn't select the correct framerate so playback is very jerky.

I recent bought a Yamaha BD-A1040 Blu-ray player and although it can't play HD DVD disks, it plays back my HD DVD MKV files almost perfectly with a few intermittant stutters. TV - Samsung UE55F6670
Sound - Yamaha RX-A2040/4x B&W DM602 S3/2x B&W DM601 S3/B&W LCR60 S3 Centre/B&W ASW1000 Sub/2x Onkyo SKH-410
HTPC - Gigabyte EP35 DS3 v2.1/E8400@3.00/4GB Crucial Ballistix/Sapphire R7 250X 1GB DDR5/PowerDVD 14