Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Installating Cyberlink software, will the system requirements work?
[Post New]
I hope this is the right forum.

I'm going to put Cyberlink power Director 13 onto my HP Pavilion laptop this weekend. My laptop has 8gb with 2TB and is an i5, running windows 10 with 64 bit OS.

Cyberlink requires 1gb

2gb DDR2 (what ever that is) althrough I'm not going to do HD or blue ray

6gb or above for 64 bit OS system

7gb for product installation

This is very confusing . It works just about on my Windows 7 PC which has a 32 bit OS, (until I have to put transistions between the clips then the problems begin). Eg: A horrible buzzing noise, and it's slow as buggery on my PC.

What I would like to know is if my laptop would be capable of handling this?

Many thanks. All women can do great things.
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, Louise!

Welcome to CL forums! As you're using Power Director version 13, it would've been more appropriate to post this question in the "Power Director(Precious Versions) forum, but on reading, I'm no expert on the innards of computers, but perhaps your computer could do with a bit more "oomph"(power) to handle PD in any of its more recent versions. I can only advise that you have a word with your computer retailer(assuming it's a dedicated computer store, and not just a department of some massive department store).

Cheers!

Neil.

Aaagh! KEYBOARD GREMLINS STRIKE AGAIN!!!!! "Precious" should've been "Previous"!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 27. 2016 16:14

Jirka.Bolech
Senior Member Location: Liberec, Czech Republic Joined: Aug 16, 2014 06:03 Messages: 158 Offline
[Post New]
Ho Louise,

No worries about the hardware! Your laptop's specs are fine. You may always run into software compatibility issues though.

Good luck…

Jirka
[Post New]
Thanks for your replay, I'm sorry but i don't understand the first reply. It would probably slow down my lap top a bit, I can't afford a better machine All women can do great things.
Jirka.Bolech
Senior Member Location: Liberec, Czech Republic Joined: Aug 16, 2014 06:03 Messages: 158 Offline
[Post New]
Hi again,

If a different computer is not an option for you, you sound like only seeking reassurance the installation on your laptop will work. Unless you want to do really big stuff, I am sure it will work just fine. The only time you may see slower response is when you produce your videos (the output is renderred), which you must know from using PowerDirector on your desktop.

The 64-bit version of PowerDirector should install on your 64-bit operating system; make sure it does if prompted to choose between 32-bit and 64-bit versions but I think the selection is actually automatic. 64-bit software can utilize the operating memory (RAM) capacity better than 32-bit software; this can improve performance of video editing, as well as of other applications running while editing videos, in terms of response time significantly.

Bottom line: just go ahead and install PowerDirector on your laptop. You'll see it works…

Jirka
[Post New]
Quote: I'm going to put Cyberlink power Director 13 onto my HP Pavilion laptop this weekend. My laptop has 8gb with 2TB and is an i5, running windows 10 with 64 bit OS.

Probably it will "work". As any laptop, they are underpowered when it comes to video editing, so don't expect fast results or edit longer videos (older laptops sometimes overheat).

It would be better if you would post more relevant information than this, like what kind of i5 you have and the type of video (if different from what's on the i5). See here:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/45453.page

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 27. 2016 10:10

Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Thanks for your replay, I'm sorry but i don't understand the first reply. It would probably slow down my lap top a bit, I can't afford a better machine

Hi, Louise!

Sorry 'bout that! Had an attack of those dreaded "Keyboard Gremlins", as witnessed by my adding an edition of my previous post. Don't ya just hate it when you type a word, hoping it's been spellt correctly, then learn later that you've hit a wrong letter key? That's what those demonic Keyboard Gremlins do! Ooooh it's so frustrating!

yell

Cheers!

Neil.
[Post New]
what kind of i5 you have?

It's a I5 HP laptop

Not to worry Neil All women can do great things.
[Post New]
"All women can do great things." But cannot follow directions and post a DXDiag log
Alternatelly you could press in the same time "Windows" and "Pause/Break" keys and read what CPU you really have there.

I think you will be fine though.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 28. 2016 07:59

[Post New]
"All women can do great things." But cannot follow directions and post a DXDiag log

Not without being told how to do it we can't. All women can do great things.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: "All women can do great things." But cannot follow directions and post a DXDiag log

Not without being told how to do it we can't.

Sorry, sometimes we forget that the files are related to Windows; not anyhtuing that Cyberlink has.

Read this: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/open-and-run-dxdiagexe

Once you get the file saved (someplace convient) add it as an attachment to your reply. You cannot do this if you are in the quick reply mode. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Moved to the right forum.
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
I would say - create a system restore point and then go ahead and install and try it out. If there is a problem you can always 'roll-back' to how you laptop was before you installed.

Very valid point about overheating. I had problems with this myself some time ago when rendering long videos. The processor is working just about as hard as it ever will during the rendering process. I resolved my problem by getting a small laptop stand which has 2 built-in fans and also under Windows system power options I restricted the maximum useage of my CPU to 95%. Never had a problem after that.