Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
mask or stop a particle stream
drosenbe08132 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 13, 2012 11:14 Messages: 31 Offline
[Post New]
I have a video that I want to show a stream going into a hole.

First, if anyone has a good looking stream (like a fire or garden hose) particle template, please share.

i've created a sort of stream template, but I don't know how to show it going into a hole. in other words, right now the particles just flow off the screen. I'd like to be able to flow the stream into a mask of some sort.

Any help would be appreciatted
drosenbe08132 [Avatar]
[Post New]
just trying to bump this up..any suggestions?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I have never done it but it seems to be easy enough. Produce that stream of particles going out of your garden hose. Put that back on the timeline and use Power Tools to put it in reverse.
drosenbe08132 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the reply, but particles don't seem to allow for powertools. I guess I could generate a file and then reverse that.

I'll try that. I'm still looking for a better suggestion.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
It may be possible to put a mask where the hole should be. That way maybe the stream will end at the mask.

I have not tried this, I am just guessing. Since I do not have anything to try with. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

drosenbe08132 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I think I figured out how to do it. I'm using the PIP painting tool to create a stream from point A to point b.It's not exactly what I was looking for (aside from the start and stop, the stream doesn't 'stream' but i can get the angle and start and stop working.

Any further ideas would be appreciated.