Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Travel video: Mexico 2016
Andres.R
Senior Member Location: Tartu, Estonia Joined: Dec 31, 2009 02:26 Messages: 263 Offline
[Post New]
hi guys,

want to present my newest video for you:

hope you like it!

I didnt use much transitions or any special effects, I like to keep my video simple.

PowerDirector 17. Windows 10
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770 (8M Cache, up to 3.90 GHz); Hard Disk: SSD 250Gb + SSD 500GB.

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AndresRootsi
[Post New]
Ahh, you have monetized the clip... That made me close it instantly.
Richmond Dan
Senior Contributor Location: Richmond, VA Joined: Aug 07, 2014 17:17 Messages: 673 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Ahh, you have monetized the clip... That made me close it instantly.

I don't understand...? Regards,
Dan
Power Director 21-Ultimate
v 21.0.3111.0
XPS-8940, Win-10 64-bit,
Intel Core i9-10900 processor
(10 core, 20M Cache),
32GB DDR4 RAM, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVME SSD, 2TB 7200 RPM SATA HDD,
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
Richmond Dan
Senior Contributor Location: Richmond, VA Joined: Aug 07, 2014 17:17 Messages: 673 Offline
[Post New]
My favorite is the open/close. Nice.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 15. 2016 10:55

Regards,
Dan
Power Director 21-Ultimate
v 21.0.3111.0
XPS-8940, Win-10 64-bit,
Intel Core i9-10900 processor
(10 core, 20M Cache),
32GB DDR4 RAM, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVME SSD, 2TB 7200 RPM SATA HDD,
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
Andres.R
Senior Member Location: Tartu, Estonia Joined: Dec 31, 2009 02:26 Messages: 263 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Ahh, you have monetized the clip... That made me close it instantly.

good for you. my video wasnt mentioned for your yes anyway.

for the future: why to be so rude? if you didnt like my video, you better keep your negative opinion for yourself.

Wish you all best!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 15. 2016 08:46

Processor: Intel Core i7-4770 (8M Cache, up to 3.90 GHz); Hard Disk: SSD 250Gb + SSD 500GB.

Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Andres. R,

An excellent production! Perfect duration for Yoube and skillfully edited in way that it kept me wanting to see what was coming next, as it was not cluttered with effects.

This forum is often bogged down (as perhaps it rightfully should be) in the technical aspects of PowerDirector. However it is nice to see a demonstration of the creative editing possibilities of how one can, with some skill and effort, edit and and present a home made production with some profesional looking qualities.

Choosing to monetize? I'm unsure of the relevance or how that was even ascertained. Nor why if someone chooses to follow that route, why it would preclude the watching of a fellow forum member's production.

All I know Anders, is that I watched your shared production on Youtube at the highest setting, and it kept me entertained and engaged. I also noticed the smart editing cuts and pacing choices you made. Well done!

___________________________________________________________________________________

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 15. 2016 09:08

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
I also opened that video and watched most of it. I didn't get any notification about monitorization that SoNic67 apparently received.

I don't think SoNic 67 was saying anything bad about your video, only that he would have to pay to watch it.

Perhaps it was changed and changed back because you may not have all the permissions you need (like the singer at the beginning) of the video.

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
LOVE it!
You set the stage immediately with scenes of snow and placing your bags in the car to travel. I really enjoy the footage you "stole" to set the mood for arrival at your destination. I have used old footage many times to surprise viewers and keep them interested. I must add that your ending, coming home, grabbing your suitcase, in the snow, with a poncho and sombrero, brilliant way to tie the opening and closing scenes together making for a wonderfully complete story. By the way, my site has links to old footage, you might want to visit and see if anything is useful for you.
Anyway, I figure the ads are due to the music, put there by YouTube.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 15. 2016 09:47

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Charlie72703
Newbie Location: Fayetteville, Arkansas Joined: Jun 30, 2014 15:50 Messages: 34 Offline
[Post New]
Great edit. As others have said, you set the stage perfectly and the content was great. No scene was too long and every scene was interesting. I also loved the music. Kudos Charlie
Paul1945
Contributor Location: South Africa Joined: Apr 12, 2014 14:11 Messages: 327 Offline
[Post New]
Love it
The Start and the End GREAT Idea ...Pleasure to watch special ...I think I have to go to Mexico ...!!! Pauls PC
X399 AORUS Extreme/AMD Ryzen2970WX/1xQuatro 4000 Driver:Geforce 419.67Skill V DDR4 64GB/3200MHz/Win10 prox64
Intel SSD 750/400 / Intel SSD 750/1.2Tb 1x4TB SSHD /1xSeagate 10TB pro
1xSamsung UA28D590 4k LUMIX GH5 1xLG HDR
1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Andres;

Oh yes, I enjoyd it too!

(Also watched your little clip about the (new?) cat-in-the-basket + dog. You know that's something for me laughing)

Well done, Andres!

Nina
Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, Andres!

I tried to post on this thread some time back when it suddenly and mysteriously vanished, but it's been restored now so I can say what I wanted to say originally.

Given that you've sought and gained permission to use the portion from "Los Tres Amigos"(all the Spanish I know, sorry), your use of that portion of that movie worked really well, especially where you kept the audio going underneath all your inserted clips, really well done! Congratulations! The beginning and ending sequences really provide the "bookends" to neatly package the clip. A work of art!

Cheers!

Neil.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I actually watched the video the first day it was posted. Enjoyed it as it is very well thought out and made. I held off commenting because I did not understand sonic67's comment and looked it up about YT. The whole post then disappeared. It is irrelevant to me that music is used that will be monetized or not. That won't stop most other people from viewing videos on YT. A lot of the videos I shoot or view have some sort of background music intentionally or not.
Terry SE NSW
Newbie Location: NSW, Australia Joined: Jan 28, 2010 02:07 Messages: 40 Offline
[Post New]
How good was this! Made me want to return to Mexico. Well done, and interesting throughout.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 01. 2016 00:07

Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: How good was this! Made me want to return to Mexico. Well done, and interesting throughout.

Aah! The Aussie contingent on the forum grows by adding another! And from NSW too! Welcome aboard, Terry!

Cheers!

Neil.
[Post New]
Enjoyed the video. Thoughtfull and well recorded. A couple of suggestions for future productions:

-play with the clip enhancements (contrast, saturation etc) to make some of the clips 'pop'. Especially the scenic shots. That said, it's important not to overdue it... aim for a natural look rathen than a fake exotic look.

-Wide shots were pretty much on point... however a once-and-a-while close up of random things would be great!

Thanks for posting and I hope to see more in the future. 4790K / Asus Z97i-Plus / 16gb (2-8gb)crucial @1866 Mhz / Samsung ssd 840 pro 250gb / Samsung 850 evo 250gb M.2 / 2-4tb HGST 7200rpm raid 1 / Nvidia GTX 1070 founders) / corsair RM650 PS / LG BD-RE
Andres.R
[Post New]
Hello to all!

Thanks for suggestions and good words!

Here's this video Nina liked