Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
cannot use 'disc menu' button to go back to menu
CC [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 21, 2006 14:42 Messages: 32 Offline
[Post New]
hi all,
I am new to this product and still using the free download. So far, i like it. I have used Pinnacle for the last 4 years and have confined myself to the functions that actually work on it. Yes, it has issues just like all of them.

For now, i am puzzling over why I cannot use the "disc menu" button on my newly created DVD. The menu has 6 thumbnail chapters, all work fine, I can 'search' in between them fine. When I try to get back to the menu, the circle with a line thru it appears on the tv. This indicates a function that will not work on the disc.

Is this because I have the free download? Did I forget to set something in the disc attributes?

another question; can I use my own jpg pictures for the background of the menu's ? Pinnacle has that function. I tried it and the error says "that file type not supported" even tho it 'allows' jpg in the file pulldown arrow. ?

thanks so much for your help!!
wabru [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Belgium Joined: Nov 06, 2006 05:18 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
For now, i am puzzling over why I cannot use the "disc menu" button on my newly created DVD. The menu has 6 thumbnail chapters, all work fine, I can 'search' in between them fine. When I try to get back to the menu, the circle with a line thru it appears on the tv. This indicates a function that will not work on the disc.

Hi,
Did you try putting a small video in the "first play video" area ?
CC [Avatar]
[Post New]
hi and thanks for the reply! No, I didnt put a small video there, but I will try it.

Sounds like a bug?

thanks !!

CC
Sharma [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Vivek Joined: Nov 27, 2006 16:25 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
were you able to fix it.
because i am having same problems with my menu
vs
CC [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Again,
No I still have the issue but I havent modified anything yet.

By chance, I was at a friends house and we played the dvd in her machine. The menu was usable ! I dont understand this one.

At my house I have 2 Samsung dvd/vhs combo machines. They play anything. I also had used the same brand of DVD-RW using Pinnacle and these always played in my machines... so we know it isnt the dvd brand.

I tried putting the dvd onto my computer & using WinDVD and Intervideo DVD players... and NO the menu was not usable.l

Is there anyone out there in support land that has a hint? thanks!
CC
CC [Avatar]
[Post New]
ho,
ok I did an experiment;
1. made a 1 minute movie of a video with a few transitions. Produced an AVI out of it. redid the 'create disc' of the original movie and included the small video as the pre video. burned it using the DVD+RW I have been using all this time.

result; in the livingroom dvd, it would not even play.
in the bedroom dvd it played but would not go to the 'disc menu'.

2. did the experiment above except created my intro movie as a mpeg-3. burned a disc using a DVD+R.

result; played in both dvd's but NO disc menu ability.

This is definitely a bug. this is basic functionality !!

advice?

CC
CC [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi I have more on this issue. I installed the full version and it STILL happens. I cant use 'disc menu' on my dvd player. And, (side issue) I have random hisses and frame jerks.

Has anyone actually used 'create disc' successfully? Does your dvd player buttons remote work in all cases? I am dead in the water with this product.

CC

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Please read my post in: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/716.page

Dafydd