Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
This type of disc is not supported
msbair [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 12, 2016 15:11 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, I'm trying to view a blu ray disc using a brand new Pioneer BDR-XD05 (blu ray player), and PowerDVD12. When doing so I'm and given an error message "This type of disc is not supported". I have set my DVD region appropriately. Any suggestions?
Multexp [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 15, 2016 07:07 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I will suggest you some steps overcome the issue

Please remove the existing video drivers and install the recent version before you install PowerDVD. You could also disconnect from the internet as well as remove your PC from other networks.
random11 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 17, 2016 15:44 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Is it a brand new blu ray disk? Like a movie that has been released in the last couple of weeks? It may be an issue with you not having the latest AACS keys (the drm copy protection). I was getting this error with my version of PowerDVD 9 when I tried to play a brand new blu ray. Version 9 is no longer getting the proper updates for AACS keys but PowereDVD 12 is suppose to be still supported.

Try updating to the latest PowerDVD12 release (if you aren't already using the latest version), if that doesnt work I would suggest trying to use a blu ray movie that is older, if you have one. Like a blu ray disc that you bought back in 2011 if its available. If that works its almost certainly the problem with DRM

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 18. 2016 10:47

Dend [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 01, 2016 02:45 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am using powerdvd 15 ultra and i had this error and found the fix. Open the program with a movie disc in the drive, at the bottom of the program next to the play button are some options. There are 2 icons to the left of the play button, click the one that looks like a disc in a box to the far left, this will bring up a screen like a windows explorer. Find your dvd/bluray drive and select it. This will open the disc and allow you to chose the region to play the disc under. once you select your region it will play the discs normally.

Good luck in your endevour