Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 14 Create Menu
B&GSpur [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 29, 2014 11:21 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
The issue is as follows:

I want to create a menu title that says: Alaskan Trip 2014 while I can insert a new title, I can not get rid of the "My Videos".

I also want to change the Item Buttons Text from "Item 1" to Day 1, or something else, etc.

The problem is that when you select one of the above items there doesn't appear to be any place to make a text change or at least I can't select and make a direct change in the selection.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
What menu template are you trying to use? OR are you trying to make your own menu ?

If using a template : Double Click on the "My Videos" and you will be able to edit that title to what you want. There is no need to insert a new title. You can always delete the "my Videos" when you edit it.

Help me -- what do you mean by "item" Ok, I think that you are using menu designer. Did you watch the tutorial here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-do66vpFeA

After you save youir design and then use that as the starting menu template, can you then edit what you need to?

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Feb 11. 2016 12:54

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi B&GSpur -

What Steve has pointed out is correct, and maybe what's confusing you.

When you're working in Menu Designer, you're only making a template. "My Videos", "Item 1" etc are just part of the template. You can add an extra title, but that's a separate thing.

It's when you apply the menu template to your project that you can change the words. "My Videos" can be changed to anything you like & "Item1, 2, 3" etc will take on the names you've assigned to the titles or chapters.

Here's what it looks like when you've applied a menu to your project - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSOEGMSjx6k

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!